No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonny's ice cream beats anything that I've ever had.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

28: Cheese steaks a la Vin

While some may think South Philly is the place to get a cheese steak, they are wrong. Others may say Jersey is the place to go... but with all the chemicals everywhere?* Nah. The best cheese steaks are at Vin's place.

I start with hand-selected rolls from the Amoroso bakery. Then I buy 'chop steak' from Venizia Meats, along with a pound of Cooper Sharp cheese. If anyone tells you that cheese steaks are best with 'Cheez Whiz', then I give you permission to cockpunch/cuntpunt that person until they stop moving.

I slice two large Vidalia onions and saute them with unsalted butter.

When they turn opaque, add the meat.

When the meat has lost it's pinknicity, you add the cheese.

Mix it all thoroughly, then marry cheesemeat to bun.

Nom... and thank whatever gods you pray to, that you know me well enough for me to share this with you.

*Why do they call it the Garden State when it smells like something out of a Bible story?

Comment

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Recipe Vin. I made mine with a bechamel-based sauce.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Hmm, I could make that but without onions. Or perhaps chop the onion into tiny pieces.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Recipe Vin. I made mine with a bechamel-based sauce.
              That's pretty much the recipe right there. I'm sure you can find Cooper Sharp cheese in Montreal. You can find anything in that town... and that's why I love it. But if you can't, a mild white cheddar will do in a pinch.

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
              Hmm, I could make that but without onions. Or perhaps chop the onion into tiny pieces.
              You could do that, Ed... but then they would not be 'Vin's Cheese Steaks'. They would be 'Ed's Cheese Steaks'... and I don't know if anyone would want an 'Ed, no onions' over a 'Vin with the works'...

Comment

I prefer the "Rob with extra cream"
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Great recipe, Vin. I may very well try that one this Labor Day weekend.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    I prefer the "Rob with extra cream"
                    *Calls health department*
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post
                      28: Cheese steaks a la Vin

While some may think South Philly is the place to get a cheese steak, they are wrong. Others may say Jersey is the place to go... but with all the chemicals everywhere?* Nah. The best cheese steaks are at Vin's place.

I start with hand-selected rolls from the Amoroso bakery. Then I buy 'chop steak' from Venizia Meats, along with a pound of Cooper Sharp cheese. If anyone tells you that cheese steaks are best with 'Cheez Whiz', then I give you permission to cockpunch/cuntpunt that person until they stop moving.

I slice two large Vidalia onions and saute them with unsalted butter.

When they turn opaque, add the meat.

When the meat has lost it's pinknicity, you add the cheese.

Mix it all thoroughly, then marry cheesemeat to bun.

Nom... and thank whatever gods you pray to, that you know me well enough for me to share this with you.

*Why do they call it the Garden State when it smells like something out of a Bible story?
                      That sounds fucking awesome.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

How much chop steak do we need here? I can eat a shitload of steak.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
                          How much chop steak do we need here? I can eat a shitload of steak.
                          Ballpark figure? For feeding 4 people... about a pound. For you?

About a pound.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                            I'm with Ed on this one. While I like the flavor they impart, onions make me want to vom. And they have on a couple of occasions.
                            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

29. Black Cherries. As a kid, these were a rare treat, being seasonal & expensive. But given a choice between a big bowl of cherries & a bowl of candy, the cherries would win. Every time. That's still the case.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

31.(we had 2 #28s)
                                PB&J.

Simple, yes. A little kiddy? Maybe. But no matter what your preference is, this is one fantastic sandwich. Unless you're allergic to peanuts, I suppose. My way? Smuckers grape JAM(very important) and Skippy crunchy. Yum.
                                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Working...
                                X