No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was going to say something about the smell of fritos.

yowza
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• They smell like bigfoots dick, but they are delicious.
      "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
      - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
      http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
      http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• We need - NEED, I say - to learn the story behind how Chris knows what Bigfoot's schwantznoodle smells like.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Sometimes a brutha's camping. Sometimes a camping brutha needs company.

Iggy gotta pry.
          "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
          - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
          http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
          http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Or sometimes it's love. Don't judge.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 254. My Mom's Beef Stew Simple and elegant, in its own rustic, peasant like way. Just beef (she usually cuts up a good size London broil), potatoes, carrots & green beans in a Gravy Master flavored gravy. Good, if not prticularly challenging on its own; it's got a nice savory flavor that goes great with a big buttered biscuit. But it's also a near pefect vehicle for hot sauce. When I was a kid and Grandma was still with us, she made a very similar version, but hers included peas as well. For some reason, Mom never tried that, and it was cool to have a slightly different riff on the same theme going. I miss that.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 255. Mom's Meat Loaf No sauce. No bacon wrapping. Nothing weird in it; just bread crumbs and finely grated onion. Mold it inot a big 2-3 lb loaf, slap it into a baking dish, and bake it. That's it. I've had meatloaf people have fucked arounbd with, with shit ranging from raisins to bits of hard boiled eggs inside them, and sickly sweet ketchup based sauces on top of them. Fuck all that shit (although adding bacon to almost anything is cool, I'll admit). I love, love, love dousing a BIG slab of Mom's meatloaf in ketchup. Then dousing a second in A 1. And THEN dousing a third in more ketchup. What casn I say? I LIKE the taste of beef, and I like the taste of the aforementioned condiments. With nothing else to interfere with them, it's a form of culinary nirvana.

All that having been said, I am not averse to trying meat loaf's with stuff in them or on them, if the stuff is good. My wife, for example, adopted a Tyler Florence recipe for ultimate meatloaf with a tomato relish that's pretty damn good. Don't know if I've had it enough times to qualify it as a favorite yet, however.

Comment

• 255. My Sister IN Law's Vanilla Pancakes I'm generally not a big fan of pancakes. Consequently,I rarely eat them. But Christmas morning my sister in law & wife started making stacks of them for the family to eat after the present opening was done. For some reasonk, I decided I'd make this my once yearly pancake breffust. DAMNED glad I did. These were fucking delicious. And all they did, apparently, was add vanilla to the batter. But what a difference that little bit of flavor makes! I have a feeling my wife is gonna get sick of me nagging her to make pancakes really soon.

Comment

• 256. Pasta with My Mom's Red Sauce I have never had a marinara sauce I like better in any restaurant or Italian home. My mom doesn't have a drop of Italian blood in her, and I'm sure a real Italian would be appalled at the state of this sauce. My wife, who is part Italian, finds it too rich and acidic. It always gives her heartburn, which she attributes to Mom's use of tomato paste. But with the above mentioned cast iron stomach of which I am possessed, that doesn't bother me. And it's packed with garlic and oregano. Over the years, she experimented with it, adding basil, which made it even better, and then later on red pepper flakes, which made it even better. It's nice and spicy, probably close to what passes for fra diavolo in many places, and there's nothing I like on top of a plate of rigatoni or rotelli better. When she makes meatballs, she boils them in the sauce rather than frying them, and it's even richer.

Comment

• 258. (Cause I Fucked Up & Posted 2 # 255's): The Dumplings at Cracker Barrel Stopped there for dinner on the ride back to Jersey this evening, and whatever else you may think of Cracker Barrel, they know how to make a fucking dumpling. I WISH I could make them this good for my Hunter's Stew.

Comment

• We stopped at Cracker Barrel in NJ on our way back from my niece's wedding in October. I had this awesome turkey sandwich (real white meat turkey breast, not deli stuff) on sourdough bread - it was fantastic!
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 259. Blenheim Hot Ginger Ale You know how sometimes when you drink really cold ginger ale really fast it burns your nostrils and throat a little? Well, THHIS stuff is that sensation x10. At least. Sweet initially, the burn hits you on the exhale and on the finish, at the back of the palate. Scored another 6 of this in Myrtle this week, and the first bottle started a sneezing fit. It. Is. GLORIOUS.

Comment

• 260. Peach Vanilla Cokes from Sonic If the name don't grab you, you'll never understand.

Comment

• 261. Green Apple Cokes from Sonic I always find myself wrestling between this and the aforementioned peach Cokes. I just loves me some green apple. I loves me some coke. Put 'em together? Liquid awesomeness.

Comment

• 262. Coke Flavored Slurpees/Icees Like I said, I love Coke. And I love slushes. make a slush WITH Coke? Mind = blown. BLOWN!

Comment

Working...
                                X