500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distraction is a powerful thing.

Watching a hockey game allowed me to forget I was drinking overpriced swill.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Funny thing is, I haven't drank a Boddington's in a long time. I usually bring Carlsberg to parties.

Now that is a smooth tasting beer.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• 248. Chocolate Mousse I could eat a ton of this stuff. Light and airy, yet somehow thick and creamy, and deliciously, decadently chocolaty. Never fails to at least get a thinkin' about whenever it appears on a dessert menu. Like chocolate pudding for grown ups. Not that there's anything wrong with. . .
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 249. Chocolate Pudding It lacks the consistency of its more "mature" and refined mousse cousin, but c'mon! Who the fuck doesn't like chocolate pudding? I particularly like to add a generous dollop of whipped cream, and fold it into the pudding, making a sort of poor man's mousse. But even without whipped cream, this thick, creamy chocolate delight is a welcome addition to any day.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 250. White Chocolate Mousse In most peoples' minds, white chocolate will always be the bastard step child of milk chocolate. I'm no exception, and white chocolate itself has to be of good quality before I'd consider eating the stuff itself (I've had some specimens that taste overwhelmingly of oil or artificial vanilla flavoring, and are just disgusting). But I've had white chocolate mousse ata a couple restaurants, & made a few powdered box varieties at home, and this is one place where it's definitely good. Like its milk chocolate brethren, it's light and airy & yet smooth, thick & creamy at the same time. BUt its flavor is lighter and milkier. A nice contrast to the heavier flavor of the milk chocolate variety.

And look: we're halfway there! Only another 7 months to go!

Comment

• 251. Hunter's Stew There's probably a lot of dishes go by this name, but the one I have in mind is the version found in Heat Wave!: The Best of CHile Pepper Magazine, one of my favorite cookbooks. It's a beef stew, with potatoes, carots, chopped bacon & a handful of dried chiles added. Got a nice low level of heat that never gets overwhelming. It's more about savory. Simply great stuff.

Comment

• 252. Dinty Moore Beef Stew Yes, it comes in a can. Yes, the stringy meat chunks are of questionable origin. BUt i put these thoughts far out of my mind as I dig in to this salty, savory, potato laden guilty pleasure. When I was a kid, mom used to pack a thermos full of hot food for me to bring to lunch until I was in maybe 4th grade, when I switched to sammiches. Chef Boy-ar-Dee and Campbell's soups were the most likely suspects, but good ol' Dinty Moore made its share of appearances. And I was always glad to see it. I haven't had any in YEARS, and now I want some. I may have to pick up a cab next time I go foraging on this my Christmas vacation, and see if it holds up after all this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                  252. Dinty Moore Beef Stew Yes, it comes in a can. Yes, the stringy meat chunks are of questionable origin. BUt i put these thoughts far out of my mind as I dig in to this salty, savory, potato laden guilty pleasure. When I was a kid, mom used to pack a thermos full of hot food for me to bring to lunch until I was in maybe 4th grade, when I switched to sammiches. Chef Boy-ar-Dee and Campbell's soups were the most likely suspects, but good ol' Dinty Moore made its share of appearances. And I was always glad to see it. I haven't had any in YEARS, and now I want some. I may have to pick up a cab next time I go foraging on this my Christmas vacation, and see if it holds up after all this time.
                  I used to live on this stuff...good memories
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I did love Dinty Moore when I was a kid, but it grosses me out now.
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I have a pretty strong stomach.

Comment

• Makes sense, the combo of being Polish and from the east coast means the man has the stomach constitution of a mountain goat.

Comment

• [*Strikes fist asgainst stomach*] Strrrong like bull!

Comment

• Only way it'd be stronger is if Iggy here had been born in Chicago.

Then the man would have been able to eat both a tin can AND circus peanuts.

Comment

• 253. Fritos
                              Man, I fucking love Fritos.
                              "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                              - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                              http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                              http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                                253. Fritos
                                Man, I fucking love Fritos.
                                I know! I don't even care that they smell like cat feet - they're still awesome!
                                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                                X