No announcement yet.

Booze.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't dig on Aberlour that much. Kind of "meh".
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• What year? I like 12, but the 16 is ooooooooooooooooh.

Mind you, to each his taste, and as far as single malts goes, there plenty for everyone!
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• 12, I think. I got it at Costco, so I doubt it was anything extra special.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 12 is my standard. 16 is the SHIT.

Fuck, Costco? Jesus Christ I hate living here. One government company has monopoly over selling all booze, and it SUCKS. All Costco and groceries and other get to sell is crap wine.

Comment

• Actually, I take that back. I wanted to go buy Aberlour, but they were sold out, and I bought the current bottle of Glenrothes instead. No wonder I couldn't clearly recall Aberlour. #Brainlikeacolander

Comment

• Glenrothes?

Comment

• Yeah. I didn't like it at first; thought it had a medicinal taste like Glenfiddich, and too much burn. But it's really grown on me, and seems to get better every time I drink it. It's got some fruity, sweet flavors going on. Pears, mostly. And some vanilla. A worthy purchase after all for the money.

Comment

• Caught the young bartender at my usual watering hole trying to pour my Old Fashioned with Makers Mark. Told him stop trying to fucking kill me and move up a shelf to the Buffalo Trace, jesus christ.

Comment

• My secretary got me a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean bourbon. It's aged in barrels left in a ship's hold for a year as it sails around the world. Supposedly all the sloshing about has an effect on the flavor, and it picks up a whiff of salty sea air in its flavor and aroma. Maybe it's just the power of suggestion, but I did detect a fairly substantial note of salt, which melded with the vanilla/toffee like flavors that are a hallmark of the brand. It ended up tasting kind of like salted caramel. Offbeat but very tasty.

Comment

• That sounds pretty amazing. And considering the flavoring of bourbon comes from the wood, I wouldn't be shocked that it picked up quite a bit of salt. It's why certain ricks in a rickhouse have different flavors depending on their location. I will have to look into this.

Last night I mixed vanilla kombucha with some Bulleit. That was a good idea.

Comment

• So the Blade and Bow bourbon I got on my trip is now available in liquor stores near you, around $50 a bottle. It is one of the finest I have ever had, and highly recommend you get one as soon as possible.

Comment

• I'm about out and was looking to restock a bottle for my birthday next month. I'll keep an eye out for that one!

Comment

• Do! I only took out my bottle for New Years and haven't had any since. It looks like I got the very rare 22 year, and the stuff in stores will be 6-9 year.

Comment

• So if I need a good bourbon bottle, I know what to look for.

What we have here:

Bulleit
                              Old Forester
                              Basil Hayden
                              Maker's Mark
                              Wild turkey
                              Buffalo Trace

here's the list

any name I need to hang on?

Comment

• If you want to feel like true white trash cling to wild turkey, hell mix it with your thera-flu like some yokels I used to hunt with.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X