Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
    I like to think the dog wins.

Story behind the picture, two years ago in some Chinese city, they "culled" 80 000 pet dogs. They'd have tape players with recorded barking, and then whenever they heard a dog bark back, they'd pull it from the home and beat it to death in the street

Why, you sanely ask?

Because like 8 people got rabies from wild dogs and died in that city

So, obviously, the glorious people's republic went with the least evil solution.

Education about rabies and vaccination for dogs is a weak, American concept.

PS: I know this is a dinner thread, but I thought I'd change things up with a lunch entry since it's unusual for me to have lunch. I had a slice of peperoni at a Greek pizzeria after I went to get my hair done. It was really good, actually, but I have heart burn now.

Comment

• For tonight, I'm gonna eat chicken and watch Outrage.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Pesto Pasta with grilled chicken and red peppers, baklava , and an energy drink slurpee.

Comment

• Steak. A big huge honking slab of steak.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Beef Lo Mein
            But I don't remember what number it was

Plus two milkshakes

Comment

• It was Friday night.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Tortilla soup.

And lots of tequila neat, with a slice of lime.

My skull is still thumping like 3 Six was playing in each of my synapses.

ETA: I want fish and chips. Maybe that will make me feel better. Wait, this isn't the UK? FUCK.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post

It was Friday night.
                  Looks amazing. I keep wanting to make some fried fish but I don't want our apartment to reek the whole weekend. It needs to be summer so I can do it outside.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post

It was Friday night.
                    My heart (and penis) jumped.

I had Kung Pao mix (Beef, chicken, shrimp) and an extra side of Peking-style chicken with brown rice and won ton soup. APPROVED.
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• My mom made me some amazing cookies last night. They were incredible. Crispy, but melted in your mouth.

They were chocolat chip cookies with some of the butter replaced with peanut butter.

Comment

• Last night we caved and had some pasta. Made my tasty red sauce and boiled up some rigatoni. Good stuff all around.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                          Last night we caved and had some pasta. Made my tasty red sauce and boiled up some rigatoni. Good stuff all around.
                          Recipe for sauce please if you haven't posted it before.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Oh it was so delicious. Can't wait to have it for lunch today and tomorrow.
                            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Easy red sauce for drunks:

• 2 bottles of Prego (or your favorite plain red sauce) traditional
                              • 1 lb of hot Italian sausage
                              • 1 carton of sliced (or whole and then you'd slice them) mushrooms
                              • half of a white onion
                              • 1 shallot
                              • red wine
                              • minced garlic
                              • 1 can of diced tomatoes
                              • seasoning (basil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, whatever you want)

Get a decent sized pot and pour 1 bottle of redsauce in. Then open and drain the tomatoes and pour those bitches in. Then pour the other bottle on top. Brown your sausage in a skillet. Add some minced garlic about half way through along with some red pepper flakes. Once done, transfer sausage in to the pot with the sauce, keep any fat that may be left in the pan. Dice up your half of an onion and cook it in the fat from the sausage. About half way through (you want it to be translucent) add the diced shallot (the shallot will burn if you add it too soon). Once both the onion and shallot are cooked down (but not caramalized and not crunchy still) add to the pot.

Toss your mushrooms right back in to the pan, add a touch of olive oil and and some butter. You can also use the red wine with the mushrooms in place of the butter if you want. Season with salt and pepper and cook until they are ready to go. Usually only a few mins. Taste them and cook them until you dig on them. Once done, add to the pot. Add some red wine to the pot (use as much as you'd like. I use a few splashes for color) Add basil, some salt and any other spices and fold the ingredients in. Then bring to a boil and let simmer until you want to eat it. Stir it everyonce in awhile. We cooked our sauce and let it simmer for about 2 hours last night until we were hungry.

Also, you can add more ingredients or less. You can't really fuck this up and I know there are way better recipes out there. But this one is so quick and easy that it's our go to recipe for red sauce. Have fun.

Comment

• Please clarify hot sausage. No jokes fuckers. Like Italian sausage?
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X