No announcement yet.

Obi Wan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marathoned this last weekend - I enjoyed it despite the issues mentioned above (the writing and editing hobbled what should've been a great series), but it's definitely no Mandalorian.

Re; the Third Sister, I didn't have much of a problem with her acting, and I get what she was trying to do and why, but the way her character's motivation and her arc was written left me scratching my head (most convoluted revenge plan ever). Also, having watched Rebels gave me the head's up about the Grand Inquisitor's fate, so no real anxiety there. That whole arc was pointless.

Spoiler: Just in case anyone hasn't watched the whole thing yet... 
    The Vader/Obi-Wan duel was another one that I should've enjoyed but the Force stuff Obi-Wan pulled out in the second round had me going "why the fuck wasn't he doing stuff like this in the Prequels? Or in the very first Star Wars movie?" Honestly, when Rey did something similar, levitating lots of heavy boulders with the Force without breaking a sweat, I thought it was because of her bloodline, being Palpatine's granddaughter, but seeing Obi Wan doing that and pummeling the fuck outta Vader? Fuck, why not have Kenobi force crush Vader's limbs? Dude knows he has no arms and legs, and Vader would've folded faster. Crush them limbs like Luke crushed all those robots in Mando Season 2, and bring Leia home already.

Fucking tired of prequels. If they're going that route, then enough already with the Skywalker stuff. You want a prequel, gimme Old Republic or High Republic era stories. Or a Fallen Jedi series post video game story.

Comment

Working...
    X