No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've caught bits and pieces of it when Lesley was watching. Wasnt doing much for me
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, S2 of GLOW was fine...but just fine. It didn't grab me like the first season did.

Comment

• I'll follow Old Man Matt on that.

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        I'm still shocked he didn't edit into a movie. But, last I heard he's got about 20-22 hours of broadcast worthy material.

Insane.
        INTERESTED.

As long as it's more Borat or Ali G than Bruno....
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Sharp objects.

the first episode definitely got me hooked. The premise has potential, Adams is splendid as always, the time jumps are executed seamlessly and it’s basically a very True Detective vibe. How come that America is full of decaying and abondoned shitholes in the middle of nowhere, inhabited by lost souls and oppressive temperatures and vibes - at least to the almighty television?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
            Sharp objects.

the first episode definitely got me hooked. The premise has potential, Adams is splendid as always, the time jumps are executed seamlessly and it’s basically a very True Detective vibe. How come that America is full of decaying and abondoned shitholes in the middle of nowhere, inhabited by lost souls and oppressive temperatures and vibes - at least to the almighty television?

Propaganda. Plus, the author likes framing her books/film adaptations where she grew up. She projects super hard about how much small town Missouri life sucks that it becomes a festering shit hole of Faulknerian levels.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Oh it sure reeks of projection!

Comment

Oh it sure reeks of projection!

I like Flynn as a writer, but she's got self-hatred and really deep loathing issues to work through.

It's why I'm looking forward to Widows, because that's about her only work where it's not just boiling to the surface.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• She is a great writer when it comes to plotting and dialogue. Her demons might help there actually.

What’s Windows though. Never heard about that.

Comment

She is a great writer when it comes to plotting and dialogue. Her demons might help there actually.

What’s Windows though. Never heard about that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widows_(2018_film)

It's her first script that's not an adaptation of her work, but of a ITV series from the early 80s. Steve McQueen is directing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widows_(2018_film)

It's her first script that's not an adaptation of her work, but of a ITV series from the early 80s. Steve McQueen is directing it.

Oh. I remember that trailer! Helluva cast and talent involved. That seems right down my alley. Wasn’t aware about her writing an original script. That just makes me more curious.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gXsKCQenpt0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• fuck yeah, cannot wait.

Comment

• That looks crazy. I wonder if Spacek is playing Carrie. Was that the kid who played young Mike Hanlon, too?

Comment

• Yep, that was kid Mike.

I am still loving the shit out of 24 Hours to Hell to and Back with Gordon Ramsay. Last night's episode was ridiculous. That fucking "chef" making 90k a year while only microwaving food was fucking crazy.

Comment

• Late to the Party: American Gods

Picked up the season this weekend. Watched the first episode. Dug it a bunch. Here's hoping the season keeps that up. I know that the showrunners quit for the second season or whatever. Bummer.

Comment

Working...
                                X