No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both of those shows are just gathering dust on my DVR. Helix's first 3 episodes were sooooooo meh. LEsley loves it and I just can't give a shit.

Almost Human is a lot of fun, but I've had many other shows to watch. Will catch up once it's on netflix.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• SPARTACUS

The first episode was...kinda weak. It felt like a really cheap 300 ripoff with cheesy cgi blood.

By episode 5, we are totally hooked. Digging it a lot. Great fun.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Started back on finishing Friday Night Lights this past weekend. Pushing through the writer's strike season (2) was pretty rough, but it got back on track in the third and now fourth seasons.

It's really interesting how they shot this show, where there was little to no blocking with strong leanings on improvisation with a three camera setup. So many really genuine moments made through this process, with even bit parts kicking me right in the feelsack.

So a big "fuck you" goes to season 2. You made me forget there are some really good performances in this show.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Both of those shows are just gathering dust on my DVR. Helix's first 3 episodes were sooooooo meh. LEsley loves it and I just can't give a shit.

Almost Human is a lot of fun, but I've had many other shows to watch. Will catch up once it's on netflix.
          Helix is still meh, after 6 or 7 episodes. Ron Moore sucks.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          SPARTACUS

The first episode was...kinda weak. It felt like a really cheap 300 ripoff with cheesy cgi blood.

Yeah, it's a weird one. Starts weak, but by the end, it's WOWZA FUUUUUUN.

It's like Rome's younger, retarded, party-machine brother.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            SPARTACUS

They got me by episode 3. The season finale is heavy on the ultra-violence so have plenty of Moloko Plus on hand.

The subsequent seasons are the tits, too.

Comment

• Pretty excited to see where this DEEP WEB story goes on House of Cards after the completely dumb "you have to tell me if you're a cop" bits. Like, is it part of the act?

Comment

• Really into the Underwood/Tusk war on House of Cards. What happened to that one character in episode 9 was some real bullshit, though. They certainly seemed to have atoned for their prior sins. The ending was a real bummer.

Comment

• Vikings.

Some cool aspects to the history surrounding the construction of sailable vessels and the first contact with England, but the lead is the TV equivalent of Sam Worthington or any of those other pretty boy types who try to be stoic but just come off as blank slates/boring.

He's close in moments to breaking that mold, but there is much to be desired there. No amount of punk rock hairdos are gonna change that, I fear.

But at least his shield maiden wife Lagertha is pretty and hardcore. She wears the pants in the family and is infinitely more interesting as a character than Ragnar.

The plot is well-worn but the setting and culture is different enough to warrant a look. I greedily cheered when there was a public duel and the whole "you get two shields, after that you're fucked" rule from 13th Warrior was in full effect (As an aside, Bulvai makes an extended cameo in the series).
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• What is this on?
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                      Vikings.

Some cool aspects to the history surrounding the construction of sailable vessels and the first contact with England, but the lead is the TV equivalent of Sam Worthington or any of those other pretty boy types who try to be stoic but just come off as blank slates/boring.

He's close in moments to breaking that mold, but there is much to be desired there. No amount of punk rock hairdos are gonna change that, I fear.

But at least his shield maiden wife Lagertha is pretty and hardcore. She wears the pants in the family and is infinitely more interesting as a character than Ragnar.

The plot is well-worn but the setting and culture is different enough to warrant a look. I greedily cheered when there was a public duel and the whole "you get two shields, after that you're fucked" rule from 13th Warrior was in full effect (As an aside, Bulvai makes an extended cameo in the series).
                      Haha I don't watch the show but..."Ragnar".

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                        Vikings.

I liked it. Lagertha's cool as hell. It's not a perfect series, but the effort and energy put in it was worth my time.

Also, I loved that Floki dude. Nevermind the name, I wonder if he's Loki. (Odin came up as a raven, if I remember correctly).

Comment

• Ditto on Floki.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Also, I can't shake that Fever Ray song from the opening credits. It is quite hype, as the manchildren say.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fever Ray (or The Knife) might be a bit difficult to get into, but holy crap are they mainstays of my music collection now.

Comment

• I kind of like the lead on Vikings..... Sorry russ I disappoint once again.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X