No announcement yet.

Hamsterdam (THE WIRE Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Namond isn't the new anything. He's all new. Got out of the ghetto completely. He represents possibility of new life, not the cyclical nature of everything else.

Comment

• Bill Moyers interviews Dave Simon.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I love you, David Simon.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Started watching this after picking up the box set sometime last year. Good stuff thus far. A worthy show to occupy my time till Breaking Bad starts airing again.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Man are you in for a treat.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Still haven't finished this show. The second season was such a slog for me.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• see, and I loved the 2nd season. The show really kicks into gear in S3, though...once Marlo comes on the scene, hooooo boy.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Yeah, I got about half way through season 3 before life started kicking me in the balls back in the day. It's on our queue to go through as I fucking LOVED the first season. But once the shipping bullshit came in I checked out because I didn't like any of those fucking characters.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    see, and I loved the 2nd season. The show really kicks into gear in S3, though...once Carcetti and Bunny Colvin come on the scene, hooooo boy.
                    AWWWYEAH SON
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's been said a million times, but yes S2 is a bit of a detour. Marlo is so fucking cold. One of the best villains ever.

Comment

• and I loved that detour and how the characters (especially the Greek and his crew) would show up now and again as the series went on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          and I loved that detour and how the characters (especially the Greek and his crew) would show up now and again as the series went on.
                          Yup, it was really kind of a genius move by all involved to make that ballsy move. It gives the show a lot bigger scope than "the city." It shows how THE WORLD is dealing with the same shit, and any city across the globe can get infiltrated by The Greek-type organizations and help in the rapid decline of a once great town.

"I'm not even Greek."

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            Yup, it was really kind of a genius move by all involved to make that ballsy move. It gives the show a lot bigger scope than "the city." It shows how THE WORLD is dealing with the same shit, and any city across the globe can get infiltrated by The Greek-type organizations and help in the rapid decline of a once great town.
                            Not like they needed much help to begin with...
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                            X