No announcement yet.

Hamsterdam (THE WIRE Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched episodes 4 and 5 of Season 5 last night. HOLEEEEEEEE SHIT, this show is going out on a major bang.

I didn't realize it until last night, but I actually really liked Proposition Joe. His death at the hands of Marlo made me realize just how cool he was.

This fucking reporter who keeps making shit up...he's gonna go down HARD, I can tell.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Watched episodes 4 and 5 of Season 5 last night. HOLEEEEEEEE SHIT, this show is going out on a major bang.

I didn't realize it until last night, but I actually really liked Proposition Joe. His death at the hands of Marlo made me realize just how cool he was.

This fucking reporter who keeps making shit up...he's gonna go down HARD, I can tell.
      Same here Matt. It's not until his end that you realize how great he was. Fuck Cheese.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• FUCK CHEESE

Spoiler: spoilz for final episode 
        At least we get cool ass Slim Charles blasting him and the "that was for joe"

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          FUCK CHEESE

???

Cheese rocks!

Oh... wrong Cheese.

Carry on, then.

Comment

• We've got one episode left. I'm really wondering how they're going to end this thing...the shit has hit the fan and anything could happen to ANYONE. I suspect that I'm going to be surprised by who gets scapegoated for this whole serial killer mess.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              FUCK CHEESE

Tru dat.

Comment

• Well, we finished it last night.

Thoughts:
                - I LOVE that it didn't give everyone a 'Hollywood ending'.
                a. McNulty's fucked, but at least he got his shit together enough to keep Beadie.
                b. Herc is a genius, using the phone number to help the cops set up a wire, and then using that information to help Levy get Marlo off of the hook. It's a bastard move, but it's also genius. He's set for life.
                c. Loved how Daniels held his own. The fact that he becomes a lawyer is perfect.
                d. Marlo becoming a businessman was awesome. The scene where he goes out to see if he's still got rep is brilliant.

Yeah, this was probably the best show that I've ever seen. My wife isn't as ambivalent: it IS her favorite show, and she's totally bummed about the fact that we're done with it.

Great recommendations, guys.

Comment

• What did you think about Dookie? And Bubbles going up those stairs?

Comment

• I was so glad Bubbles got some sort of happy ending... Now welcome to the post-Wire part of your life. Where every show will be compared to it top it in one way or another.

I want to be celebrated at Kavanaugh's after I die.

Now Matt, enjoy Treme, David Simon's new show. Bunk and Lester are regulars.

The main character is now post-Katrina New Orlean, instead of Baltimore. And it's more musical, but it's so good. Not The Wire-good, but close.

IT MAKES STEVE ZAHN, ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTER, BEING FUCKING GREAT. That's something.

Comment

• ah man, Dookie. When he scammed money from Prez, you just knew that it wasn't going to end well. It was pretty wrenching to see him start shooting drugs. He is going to become the new Bubbles.

And yeah, seeing Bubbles at the dinner table with his sister was awesome.

The ending set up a number of replacements, actually:
                      - Dookie will become the new Bubbles
                      - Michael will become the new Omar
                      - Carver will become the new Daniels

Live goes on. It's like these parts NEED to be filled by someone...nature will find a way to fill these roles in life.

Comment

• Kima is the new Bunk

And Syndor is the new McNulty. You can just see it when he's talking to Phelan.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                          Kima is the new Bunk

And Syndor is the new McNulty. You can just see it when he's talking to Phelan.
                          Bunk is still Bunk, but yeah...Syndor is definitely the new McNulty. Good catch.

Comment

• Also, the t-shirt on Herc sums him up nicely.

Comment

• Michael as the new Omar. Heartbreaking, but exciting. Knowing that Michael is smart enough to know the game is bullshit, but not strong enough to get out of there.

Comment

• Makes ya wonder if Namond is basically the new Colvin (It's not exact because do you really expect this guy to be police?) We never did learn about Colvin's background.

Although I wish Mello aka The Real Jay Landsman (Man, do I love the way he talks) had more screentime.

Comment

Working...
                                X