No announcement yet.

Lost: Season 6 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER great finale: 'Star Trek:TNG'. 'All Good Things...' was one of the best episodes of the entire series. It tied back to the very first episode in a fun way, provided a fun story, and capped off the series with one of the best moments in the entire run: the poker game.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Hey, make your own Oceanic Boarding pass.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        ANOTHER great finale: 'Star Trek:TNG'. 'All Good Things...' was one of the best episodes of the entire series. It tied back to the very first episode in a fun way, provided a fun story, and capped off the series with one of the best moments in the entire run: the poker game.

But in no way was TNG a serialized affair over it's run. You could watch 99% of that entire show in random order if you wanted and it wouldn't affect anything.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fair enough.

I'm not here to be a hater. Indeed, I liked everything that wasn't associated with the alt-timeline stuff. I'm happy for you guys that dug it all, and I won't put you down for it. Different strokes for different folks.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• But I also dug that last episode of TNG as well. What it comes down is people's expectations and the reality of what the writers did for LOST. For the first half of the season I kept expecting that we would get everything answered. Once I stopped doing that, I started to enjoy it. And once FAHEY was back (seriously, it made no sense really for him to not be dead) I decided that I was just gonna let the show take me where they wanted it to. Maybe that's why I dug on it so much. I just stopped fighting and just went along with the ride.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The Wire had a great ending even though none of what goes on in The Wire ever ends. Only thing that changes are the players.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• If you want to compare endings start a new thread. And put tags on it. I dont' want other endings to other shows to get spoiled in here by accident or whatever.

Comment

• agreed. We're about to start the first season of 'the Wire', so don't ruin it.

Comment

• Good point, now we need to move on to more important issues. Like getting Fahey more work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      agreed. We're about to start the first season of 'the Wire', so don't ruin it.
                      You're in for some real good shit. When you see one scene towards the end and not think you see some brillaint acting nor start to tear up. You are a heartless bastard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                        You're in for some real good shit. When you see one scene towards the end and not think you see some brillaint acting nor start to tear up. You are a heartless bastard.
                        Scratching my head at this. I THINK that I know what you're trying to say.

Comment

• I have an idea you know what I'm talking about.

We'll leave it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            What it comes down is people's expectations and the reality of what the writers did for LOST. For the first half of the season I kept expecting that we would get everything answered. Once I stopped doing that, I started to enjoy it. And once FAHEY was back (seriously, it made no sense really for him to not be dead) I decided that I was just gonna let the show take me where they wanted it to. Maybe that's why I dug on it so much. I just stopped fighting and just went along with the ride.
                            And there you go - the exact way it should be approached. I know not everyone is going to love it or hate it, but I just never understood internet anger about a TV show (that's not directed at you, Rob - your approach was a good way to look at it). I've seen six seasons of pure rage over LOST - you should check out some of the old LOST forums at TWoP if you want to see wackos who are way too invested. Wanna know why I loved it? Because I loved it, because I never missed an episode in six years, and because I realize it's just a TV show. It's never going to be perfect. And frankly, for a show this complicated and twisty-turny, I doubt even the writers rememeber every single little nuance enough to address everything by the time the finale wraps.
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                              And there you go - the exact way it should be approached. I know not everyone is going to love it or hate it, but I just never understood internet anger about a TV show (that's not directed at you, Rob - your approach was a good way to look at it). I've seen six seasons of pure rage over LOST - you should check out some of the old LOST forums at TWoP if you want to see wackos who are way too invested. Wanna know why I loved it? Because I loved it, because I never missed an episode in six years, and because I realize it's just a TV show. It's never going to be perfect. And frankly, for a show this complicated and twisty-turny, I doubt even the writers rememeber every single little nuance enough to address everything by the time the finale wraps.
                              Well said. In the end, it's just a TV show. I got my enjoyment out of it, and I'm happy that others got MORE enjoyment out of it than I did.

OK...hugs and kisses all around.

Comment

• I love you guys...

Comment

Working...
                                X