No announcement yet.

Lost: Season 6 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really gonna have to rewatch this episode this week.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
      I can't believe all the fanboyism up in this bitch. This ending was the same fucking ending as The Dark Tower.

To a point. To a fucking point.

I would kill to have a really detailed jpeg of the Constant Timestream map that Daniel drew out.

I could go all "An Inconvenient Truth" on this bitch with that.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
        To a point. To a fucking point.
        I really wanted to read Dark Tower this summer too. Now I won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          I really wanted to read Dark Tower this summer too. Now I won't.
          You would have hated it more than Lost.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

You would have hated it more than Lost.

The Dark Tower and Lost have similarities, but that's it.

They don't end the same, but it's a smidge close.

Susannah gets a LOST ending, but no one else. But, yeah...The Dark Tower ending pissed off a ton of people. What's funny about it is that the Dark Tower ending fits what came before.

If anything, the Dark Tower ends closer to the Matrix Revolutions than anything else.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
              The Dark Tower and Lost have similarities, but that's it.

They don't end the same, but it's a smidge close.

Susannah gets a LOST ending, but no one else. But, yeah...The Dark Tower ending pissed off a ton of people. What's funny about it is that the Dark Tower ending fits what came before.

If anything, the Dark Tower ends closer to the Matrix Revolutions than anything else.
              Concur'd. Just meant a lot of the plot devices the writers used during season 5 and 6 and how they resolved it. I think the ending for Dark Tower worked extremely well for Roland, though.
              Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 05-24-2010, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• For you Lostees.

Comment

• I liked the Lost ending. That said, it's not the best ever for me. While it served its purpose and ended with a great case of the feel-goods (a happy swerve for me, who was expecting things to end poorly for all involved (except for THE FAHEY, of course)), it still felt like it lacked a certain intangible something. For some reason, while I was watching it and enjoying it, I just wasn't sucked all the way in like Lost could do to me during it's best episodes. I still have no idea why it didn't completely rock my world.

Then again, the people nerdraging about it on the internet are being so fucking ridiculous about it that you'd think that they'd showed the X-Files finale again.

In conclusion: while the Lost finale wasn't as great of a capper to the series as 'The Sopranos' or 'The Shield', it certainly wasn't bad and it did bring a mostly satisfying conclusion to the show.
                  sigpic
                  360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    THE FUCKIN' FAHEY SAVED MILES!
                    And Guyliner...that was glorious!!!
                    Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                    It was going to take some pretty crazy shit for me to be willing to go back and look at this season again and I'll be damned if the last 10 minutes didn't do that for me. Wow. And I don't know what happened, but when Vincent showed up at the end and laid down next to Jack my face got all wet. Weird. LOVED the Sawyer/Juliet and Charlie/Claire reunions. The flashes went a long way to reminding me how great this show was in the early seasons.

I imagine tomorrow I'll come down from the finale high, look at the ENORMOUS pile of questions and plot points that have absolutely no resolution (DHARMA WTF), and get pissed but right now? Going to bed happy.
                    THIS...Honestly I know everyone hates Kate/Jack, but that was one of the biggest payoffs for me. I was real happy they ended up together. I'm excited for August when all seasons will be released on BD, I will pick them up and re-watch from beginning to end again. LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. Kudos.
                    Originally posted by Fil View Post
                    I loved the ending. One of the most satisfying endings I've seen. Vincent lying with Jack got me big time, along with a few other moments.
                    I would be a straight up liar if I denied crying like a little bitch last night. I was an emotional mess. I was very satisfied with all the reconnects and the general feeling of happiness.
                    Originally posted by Ari View Post
                    So happy with that ending. Nothing more I can think to say than this show will definitely be missed.
                    THIS
                    Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    haters gonna hate.
                    TROOF
                    Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    For a show that talked about rules all the time, it sure did make a point to never ever tell us the rules. How did the church gathering come to be? I mean, how was it decided who would be there? Where was Michael? He certainly earned some peace. Where was Lapidus and Miles? Why was Penny there when she never stepped foot on the Island? Christian said "the people you met on the Island" were the most important people in their lives. And if they were getting to be with their soulmates/loved ones then why the hell would Sayid get Shannon and not Nadya? EDIT: And the Island's buttplug. Obviously man made. But it could not be removed lest the world end! Well what the fuck happened before someone came along and made a stone buttplug and shoved it down the Island's keester?
                    The rules were irrelevant, nobody followed the rules...Not sure about the church, but why does that matter? I thought everyone that was in the church was dead, hence why Nadya wasn't there. Also I figured that Miles, Charlotte, Ricardus, THEFAHEYTinyEdPoop™, Michael, and Walt had not died and that's why they weren't in the room. Same reason Ben stayed out, he had unfinished business, I think Hurley was allowed because he was like Jacob and could move between reality and after life. Sayid got Shannon, because ultimately she was his soul mate. I don't think the BUTTPLUG© was to prevent the world from ending, it was to keep the island in tact. My thoughts on that whole shit is that the island was some magical place the Egyptians built. All the markings, temples and mythology seemed very Egyptian. Who knows, not sure what it matters.
                    Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    At least they didn't go all Prequel on us. I enjoy that some things weren't explained now. Because in the larger picture, they didn't matter. As much hate as I had for this season (which if you look back into this thread and on our podcasts there is alot) the finale made up for it in my opinion. I'm just sad that there will be 1 more "LOSTTALK" and then no more...
                    Agreed. Although I wouldn't mind a Dharma spin-off...

All in all, I started watching the show this year. I powered through 5 seasons before this one started. I have no where near as much time investment as most of you. But I feel that I got my time's worth with the finale. It was very emotional, and although we didn't get some of the explanations we wanted, the love story and the re-uniting of the "true-loves" was pretty great IMO. I can't lie and say that most of the time I watched the show I was watching it as a Sci Fi show. I literally enjoyed the action and the sci fi, but ultimately I saw it as a drama/love story. The characters and the way they interacted with each other is what kept me watching. I wanted to see who ended up with who and why. When Jack closed his eye last night I felt satisfied because all of the people I wanted together got together.
                    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Michael didn't die? Richard started going grey minutes after the "magic" was gone, but he wasn't dead? "Purgatory" was years and years down the road. Remember the "Good number 2, great number 1" convo? There was quite a passing of time in purgatory, even if we do not know exactly how long. Long enough for all those people to have died. And come on, Nadya wasn't his soul mate? He spent 5 seasons aching over Nadya, but barely had another thought about Shannon for the span of the series.

And if the rules were irrelevant then why were we even on the Island? MIB walks up to Jacob and cracks his head open. Show over. The point was made that the rules were extremely relevant. Even Ben/Widmore's rule/pact to not go after each others kid. Once Widmore did the rules were broken and Ben went ape shit.

Look, I know the hatas gon hate shit, but I loved this show. I think the first four seasons comprise some of the best TV I've ever seen, but ultimately this was a mystery that they had no answers to. That's piss poor story telling, and they fall back on "it's about the characters" and cheap manipulation (and they can't even make that much make sense) to make everyone feel fulfilled because they saw some characters get a "happy" ending. I read somewhere else that they will look back on Lost as a vignette show. A series of cool events, but no legitimate all encompassing narrative that lets the story stand on its own, and gives a final narrative resolution. I think that's pretty apt.

Comment

• Jacob broke the rules when he killed the MIB and threw him down the cave. Rules were broken a lot...And if they couldn't leave the island, how did he touch all of the candidates in the real world? Rules were bullshit.

Comment

• I'm still goin' hate all but season five. All about the time travelin' and Faraday.

Comment

I'm still goin' hate all but season five. All about the time travelin' and Faraday.
                            Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed that too. Wouldn't mind seeing a lot more of that with out getting back into Sliders.

Comment

• FUCK YOUSE! Sliders is amazing! *snicker* Sorry, couldn't help myself. It was a fun show, though.

Comment

• Sliders sucks.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X