No announcement yet.

Advice on handsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3g. All the way. The improvement in processor speed for the things you'll use is not worth the$$$.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
      Fixed. A good camera should run you around $200. A decent camera? Well then we're talking a little more pricey. I'm not a camera snob but I pretend to be one.
      Dude, I'm a snob...and you can get some really decent cameras for under a hundo, check these out:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830120327

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830111316

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830113229

...My camera is tits, and it cost me around $200, for some off the wall shit we're talking >$600 and the Canon G10 is what I have my eyes on.
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

NERD FIGHT!
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
          ...so I could care less about video on my phone...IMO people who use their phones as the primary photo/video equipment fail so hard at life. How stupid do you look at your kid's Christmas Recital sitting on the floor with your fucking Nokia? Seriously you can buy a decent camera for under $100....second, I probably won't be buying too many if any games for it...I mainly want it for music, internets and organization...so with that said, 3G or 3Gs?
          But how often do you lug around that bulky camera, Bryan? And how often are you using it? Whereas at Comic-Con, I had my iPhone that I could just bust out anytime and not feel like I'm actually carrying equipment.

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
          3g. All the way. The improvement in processor speed for the things you'll use is not worth the$$$.
          I disagree. A lot of the games slow down a lot. The improvement is noticable for games. It just depends on what you're looking to play/use.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Who uses their iphone as their primary portable gaming machine?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

The same people who watch movies on their phone.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
                Dude, I'm a snob...and you can get some really decent cameras for under a hundo, check these out:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830120327

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830111316

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16830113229

...My camera is tits, and it cost me around $200, for some off the wall shit we're talking >$600 and the Canon G10 is what I have my eyes on.
                Bryan, if you were truly a snob, you would go over the $600 limit and go with the T1i or the Nikon D5000.
                Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 12-21-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  The same people that don't want to carry too much shit around with them.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus
                    I disagree. A lot of the games slow down a lot. The improvement is noticable for games. It just depends on what you're looking to play/use.
                    B said he wasn't going to download games. Point moot

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    Apparently NerdIouS
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Oh sorry. Bryan, the 3G is fine for you.

Comment

I must warn any would-be iPhone purchasers that your minimum monthly plan will be at least $80.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                          I must warn any would-be iPhone purchasers that your minimum monthly plan will be at least $80.
                          $30 of that is the unlimited data plan(required) so yeah, monthly plans not on the cheap. My wife and I have two phone lines and we pay about $97 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                            Bryan, if you were truly a snob, you would go over the $600 limit and go with the T1i or the Nikon D5000.
                            Truth. Currently using a Nikon D40 myself and looking to upgrade to the D90 (but I'm not a snob).

My fall back camera is an Olympus C-3040. Older digital but still kickass.
                            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

All points understood...I have a BB currently, I'm not worried about the monthly...as far as cameras, I was busting mine out at Comic Con on the regular for shit that was worth a photo, the BB camera is only for B.M.s and pictures of my private ...Regarding the cameras, I've used the Nikon D40 and D90 and they are great cameras, but I prefer Canon over Nikon any day. And the Canon G9-G11's are all pretty fucking sick and they are under $1000, comparable if not better than most Nikons (for my purpose, as I'm not a professional photographer/paparazzi and I don't want to look like an asshole with a 10 pound camera and backpack and shit)

I'm currently rocking these:
                              Canon Powershot SX110 is
                              and/or Canon Digital Elph sd750
                              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

BB? BigB? Oh wait, you mean blackberry. Your post makes sense now.

In another life I would have been a professional photographer (the life that was also independently wealthy too). I would have only bought Nikon's in that life too. I won't begrudge your use of a Canon though. They do make a solid camera. Ok, now that makes me a camera snob.
                                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X