X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DON RICKLES UP IN THIS BITCH View Post
    She died in the morning on Saturday.
    Yes, and then the lights went out in Georgia that night.

Such a great show that featured strong women. They really did a fantastic job of casting and writing. Those shows never get old. One of the few shows that tackled gay issues that I can find little to no fault in how they portrayed gay folk.

My favorite rant/tirade/defense from Julia:

Julia: Excuse me, aren't you Marjorie Leigh Winnick, the current Miss Georgia World?
    Marjorie: Why, yes I am.
    Julia: I'm Julia Sugarbaker, Suzanne Sugarbaker's sister. I couldn't help over hearing part of your conversation.
    Marjorie: Well, I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone was here.
    Julia: Yes, and I gather from your comments there are a couple of other things you don't know, Marjorie. For example, you probably didn't know that Suzanne was the only contestant in Georgia pageant history to sweep every category except congeniality, and that is not something the women in my family aspire to anyway. Or that when she walked down the runway in her swimsuit, five contestants quit on the spot. Or that when she emerged from the isolation booth to answer the question, "What would you do to prevent war?" she spoke so eloquently of patriotism, battlefields and diamond tiaras, grown men wept. And you probably didn't know, Marjorie, that Suzanne was not just any Miss Georgia, she was the Miss Georgia. She didn't twirl just a baton, that baton was on fire. And when she threw that baton into the air, it flew higher, further, faster than any baton has ever flown before, hitting a transformer and showering the darkened arena with sparks! And when it finally did come down, Marjorie, my sister caught that baton, and 12,000 people jumped to their feet for sixteen and one-half minutes of uninterrupted thunderous ovation, as flames illuminated her tear-stained face! And that, Marjorie - just so you will know - and your children will someday know - is the night the lights went out in Georgia!
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• As Southern interior decorators, my grandma and mom LOVED this show.
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• That's a shame - I loved that show, and she was great on it.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• NVM. Way to be up-to-date, fake news!

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
            Yes, and then the lights went out in Georgia that night.

Such a great show that featured strong women. They really did a fantastic job of casting and writing. Those shows never get old. One of the few shows that tackled gay issues that I can find little to no fault in how they portrayed gay folk.

My favorite rant/tirade/defense from Julia:

Julia: Excuse me, aren't you Marjorie Leigh Winnick, the current Miss Georgia World?
            Marjorie: Why, yes I am.
            Julia: I'm Julia Sugarbaker, Suzanne Sugarbaker's sister. I couldn't help over hearing part of your conversation.
            Marjorie: Well, I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone was here.
            Julia: Yes, and I gather from your comments there are a couple of other things you don't know, Marjorie. For example, you probably didn't know that Suzanne was the only contestant in Georgia pageant history to sweep every category except congeniality, and that is not something the women in my family aspire to anyway. Or that when she walked down the runway in her swimsuit, five contestants quit on the spot. Or that when she emerged from the isolation booth to answer the question, "What would you do to prevent war?" she spoke so eloquently of patriotism, battlefields and diamond tiaras, grown men wept. And you probably didn't know, Marjorie, that Suzanne was not just any Miss Georgia, she was the Miss Georgia. She didn't twirl just a baton, that baton was on fire. And when she threw that baton into the air, it flew higher, further, faster than any baton has ever flown before, hitting a transformer and showering the darkened arena with sparks! And when it finally did come down, Marjorie, my sister caught that baton, and 12,000 people jumped to their feet for sixteen and one-half minutes of uninterrupted thunderous ovation, as flames illuminated her tear-stained face! And that, Marjorie - just so you will know - and your children will someday know - is the night the lights went out in Georgia!
            It doesn't matter. It's just one more body for the Horde.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Peter Steele from Type-O Negative
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• He was still alive? I would have thought that he Ledger'd himself off long ago.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• That's a bit of a shock - rumor has it it was heart failure? Geez.

Comment

• I'd forgotten he'd recently sobered up and gone Roman Catholic. Strange.

Comment

• The Steele heart was directly attached to the nasal glands that are activated by cocaine. And it's what gave him his super low voice.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• OK, was he the 'singer' (and I use that term loosely) for that band?
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• DON'T YOU FUCKING DISRESPECT STEELE!

Yeah, he was.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Singer/bass player. His voice wasn't bad.

Comment

• sorry, I fucking hated that band.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I didn't love them. The "live" album cracked me up. "Hey soundman wake up stupid!"

Comment

Working...
                                X