No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh. Weekend from hell so far. The starter on Jen's car was stuck in the "ON" position, necessitating running it to the local STS. They couldn't do anything about it, but suggested we take it to the GM dealership in Lakewood. They can fix it, but it may not be ready until Tuesday. Turns out it's a problem GM itself knew about, and contacted their mechanics only, not the rest of the world (Jen drives a late-model Saturn), so we're hoping it'll be covered under the car's warranty. It also means I'll be getting to work later for the next couple of days (of course, I'm busy as hell this coming week).

Plans to see Predators were delayed as a result, so I'm hoping to catch it with my brother-in-law later today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
      I'd fight a pack of Mel Gibsons for Waffle House right now, and I ain't even stoned.
      I do so love those patty melts and those hashbrowns scattered and smothered!

Comment

• Mmmmmm, delicious waffle and hashbrowns(scattered and covered, please). It was tasty!
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Hashbrowns need to be the following: county, covered, smothered and chunked. Anything else is FAIL.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yeah, I like chunked every once in a while, but I hate (hate, hate HATE!) onions. so there you go...
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrid View Post
              It was tasty!
              So you guys eventually went?
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Yup. I should have been doing something to lose weight, but....

Comment

• Oh, and here's something bizarre! My mom called a short time ago, but while calling me, she accidentally mis-dialed my number. She was only off by one digit - that's all, just one - and still wound up on the phone with a woman named Lisa at the wrong number!
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Man, this weekend has kicked ass so far:

Saturday morning (early) we saw the kids off with the inlaws for their epic journey to BC. We promptly went back to bed, then after a few hours of extra sleep, went to Costco and blew a bunch of money on random shit for the house. I got one of those fancy cutting boards that have a strainer built it (really cool for washing and cutting vegetables), a new double goose down pillow, some books, etc. etc. Then we went shopping for a few more hours, and got some pizza to bring home. After pizza (around 7pm) we went to the local driving range and hit a bucket of balls. My wife has had clubs for awhile now (hand-me-downs from my mom) but has never ever played before. I suck ass at golf so I invited my step-father along to train us. Lisa is now pretty good at golf, and I still suck because I am untrainable, apparently.

Finished the night off with a wee bit of freelance and some wine.

Today, we woke up later in the morning and went for an 11:15 tee time at a small little par 3/9-hole course in our area, then went out to lunch at a place called the Half Moon (50's greasy spoon). Spent the afternoon with me freelancing and Lisa doing yardwork, then hanging out for some down time for a few hours just now. Back on the freelance bandwagon as I type this, but man, people without kids should be happier than they are, cause this shit is fucking fun!!

Sorry to hear about your car Tim!! Save Predators till next weekend and do an Inception/Predators double-bill!!
                    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                      Oh, and here's something bizarre! My mom called a short time ago, but while calling me, she accidentally mis-dialed my number. She was only off by one digit - that's all, just one - and still wound up on the phone with a woman named Lisa at the wrong number!
                      You actually own six phone numbers and also suffer from multiple personalities. Your mom was just being nice in not toippig you off, but I thought you should know. That other Lisa? STILL YOU.
                      <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        but man, people without kids should be happier than they are, cause this shit is fucking fun!!
                        I always am, my man, I always am!

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        You actually own six phone numbers and also suffer from multiple personalities. Your mom was just being nice in not toippig you off, but I thought you should know. That other Lisa? STILL YOU.

Comment

• MGMT was goddamn amazing last night. For today I'll be seeing Inception and then I'll be pretty much be without money for the next two weeks.

Yay
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• fffffffffffff I really want to see Inception this weekend I hope dim sum isn't too expensive today
                            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• I have a hair appt. today, thank God, because I look like a cavewoman! And then I head out to George's for the first time since our anniversary trip last month - the weekends since then I've stayed in to study. I'm finally going to get to spend some quality time with my babe!

Comment

• When you say cavewoman? Do you mean this?

"Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X