Da da da da, da da da da... PETS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pictures of Edison the scooby-doo head:

I hate the shitty camera on my blackberry - he's not nearly that fuzzy. Neither is my apartment.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Edison is beauuuutiful!

And he is obviously quite mannerly as he looks like he is humoring you by posing for the pics- "I will do it for you- MOTHER"

And I see roses in the background!

Comment

• I actually dig that rug, Lisa. Where's it from!?

Comment

• Thanks, guys! Cass, the roses are from me to me - I always try to have fresh flowers on the table, it really brightens up that grim little hovel! They sell a really nice selection of cheap flowers outside the supermarket next to my subway stop. And Edison's not as easy to take pictures of as you think. Those are about three of a zillion where he was just like, "Y'know, I think I'm going to walk over here now so I can stare at that narrow strip under the refridgerator."

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          I actually dig that rug, Lisa. Where's it from!?
          That's from Crate and Barrel - do you remember, when Jake first posted pictures of his apartment, I mentioned he and I have the same rug! I got it a little over a year ago, so unfortunately I don't think they have it anymore. But here's a link to their site, and they have a couple in there that are similar:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/decora...-rugs/1http://
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Ah man, I really dig one on there, but I need a big one to go in this big open space where you walk into the house behind the couch. I have a pretty decent one now, but it's a kind of plain blue one, not much visual aesthetic to it.

Comment

• I like the first pic of Edison - the roses look like they're sprouting out of his head! The second pic looks like he's about to give you instructions on using your flash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                I like the first pic of Edison - the roses look like they're sprouting out of his head!
                I know! That's one of the reasons I couldn't wait to post it - hilarity at this poor cat's expense. Also, the combo of the slight head tilt, the innocent expression, plus the roses growing out his noggin = pure comedy gold. "Edison, the vet said the roses are growing right out of your cranium. That's gonna be one more pill Mommy has to shove down your throat every morning, sorry! The good news is, we'll always have fresh flowers for the table."

Comment

• Digging the giant artichoke throw pillow.

Comment

• I think that's an actual artichoke, Fej. Lisa loves her some big veggies.

I was going to go with Edison is quite small for a cat, but thought better of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
                      Digging the giant artichoke throw pillow.
                      Also from Crate and Barrel, purchased with a purple velvet pillow on the other side of the sofa, out of camera range. Last year was "Time to make the living room look a whole lot less shitty" for me. New sofa (black pleather from Jennifer Convertible - the cheap sofa store to NYers all across the tri-state area!), the new rug, and the two throw pillows to match.

Again, they no longer carry that pillow, but they have an awesome current assortment anyway!

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/decora...tive-pillows/1

Always nice to hear that you guys think my decorating skills don't suck!

Comment

• Damn straight, Lisa

I will never get my apartment to look that good.

Believe it
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Thanks! I mean, I bought nothing but cheap crap to fill it when I first moved in, because I had no moolah. And I still really don't, but the living room was three years in the making before I finally just said, "enough, I have to spend a little to make this place pretty". I mean, the apt. itself is crappy, the building is horrible. The apartment is now cute because I worked my butt off to make it look nice. I can't afford to move, so keeping the place visually pleasing, clean and smelling nice is pretty much all it's going to have going for it.

Next up is a new bed, mattress and new bed linens - the bedroom doesn't need a ton of work except for that, so I'm lucky. I just can't afford it right now - maybe next year.

Comment

• I love crate & barrel. I could spend thousands there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
                              I love crate & barrel. I could spend thousands there.
                              You know, when I just said I filled my apartment with cheap crap when I first moved in because it was all I could afford at the time - it was like 30% cheap crap, 70% cheaper stuff from Crate & Barrel that was in their clearance catalog, which by sheer luck showed up in my mailbox about three days after I moved in while I had no furniture. Anyway, the stuff I cleared out last year to make way for the new Crate & Barrel stuff was part of the 30% of cheap crap that wasn't from Crate & Barrel to begin with. The Crate & Barrel stuff all stayed.

I really really love them - they have some expensive stuff, but a lot of what I find there isn't a ton of money. When I first moved in and needed cheap stuff fast, I got - lemme see... a TV stand, a bedroom rug, a kitchen table with two chairs, a coffee table, a kitchen mat for in front of the sink, and another mat for under Edison's litterbox, plus tax, and delivery on a Saturday when I'd be home, all for about $700.

Comment

• I don't know how this fucking cat can sense when I'm about to go out, but he's sitting right outside my door and will not stop fucking yowling. I'm not letting him in because I'm wearing black and the first thing he'll want to do is cuddle. I feel bad because he's lonely.
                                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Working...
                                X