No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That final thought is how I felt after the Last Jedi. No real need to see it go on after this concludes.

Besides, I already got a Blade movie, what more could I get? Captain Marvel that isn’t actual the Kree badass? Nah, I’m good. The also-rans all suck ass compared to the genuine articles.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• so since we know that Captain Marvel is set in the 90s and
        Spoiler: spoilers 
      Fury has that magical beeper
      why the fuck didn't he ever
        Spoiler: spoils 
      call her during the event of Avengers 1, Age of Ultron, etc...
      ?

I felt bad for the people in my theater because NONE of them knew what that end stinger meant. But kudos to the "Motherf..." line.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I figure he didn't call because he hadn't read the script yet and was just going on the basis of the comic.

He was doing us all a favor.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• hahaha.
          I spent the last few weeks going through my favorite Marvel flicks and while I commend the Russo's and the screenwriters for not making a movie with 80+ characters a cluster fuck, I kind of want smaller flicks going forward. I mean, you can't outdo this shit EVERY MOVIE.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It's probably going to be explained as some sort of strained relationship or that he didn't even really know she was alive and just made it a last-ditch attempt at bringing her back into the fold.

It all makes no sense however you slice it, much like Stark not notifying his former lover Captain Steve of the grape ape himself. Or the rest of the Earth-based defenders for that matter.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              hahaha.
              I spent the last few weeks going through my favorite Marvel flicks and while I commend the Russo's and the screenwriters for not making a movie with 80+ characters a cluster fuck, I kind of want smaller flicks going forward. I mean, you can't outdo this shit EVERY MOVIE.
              That was the craziest part to me, that they managed to balance on that tightrope without leaving anybody out to an extreme degree (that wasn't planned to be off until the second part anyway).

In that regard they did about as well as anybody could expect and keep it mostly engaging.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• For a movie that is 2 hours and 40 mins long, this shit FLEW by in the theater. That was the most amazing thing to me. It helped that you had like 10 B stories all happening and that they were cutting to them every few mins. They gave you no chance at all to be bored.

Comment

• Glad you at least 'liked' it, Rob.

And yeah, that was a fast ~3 hour film. It just flew by.

While I agree that Cap was kinda minimalized in this one, I think he's going to be a focal point in the next one. As such, I'm ok with that balance.

My main thing was with how funny the damned film was. Drax, in particular, absolutely killed it. His whole 'invisibility' bit was hysterical. Mantis may have had the best line in the entire film, though:
                    Spoiler: Mantis 
                  'Kick Names, Take Ass!'
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• IT's just really fucking hard to WOW me with Marvel movies now. I enjoy most of them even if I don't really like them (GotG2) but it fucking sucks we have to wait a goddamn year for the fucking conclusion. I wish they would have at least pulled a BttF2 and put some clips from Avengers 4 after the credits.

Comment

•   Spoiler: post-credits theory 
                      I'd bet you a six-pack the end credits scene for Captain Marvel will be Marvel showing up at SHIELD HQ post-Sokovia to deliver the beeper to Fury.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          Spoiler: post-credits theory 
                        I'd bet you a six-pack the end credits scene for Captain Marvel will be Marvel showing up at SHIELD HQ post-Sokovia to deliver the beeper to Fury.
                          Spoiler: Double spoiler 

I bet it won't.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Comment

• I liked this more than I thought. Genuinely surprised by a chunk of the people left standing at the end.

Comment

• but with no emotional weight behind any of them except
                                Spoiler: spoils 
                              Tom Holland acting his ass off
                              puts a bit of a damper on it for me. Especially since it's a goddamn fact they're not going to actually be dead.

Comment

• Everyone who died will be in the soulverse or whatever it is, Adam Warlock or some shit will come back and resnap his fingers or whatever, status quo is reset and the original people will be done. Again, I probably wouldn't be as sour on it as I am if this wasn't a giant case of blue balls for 3 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X