No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When they’re left to their own worlds and tones, those movies are alright. When they do the team up shit I lose interest quickly.

Also, Winter Soldier is still the high point for me. Ragnarok has too many problems that just become glaring on a rewatch.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
      Finally caught Ragnarok yesterday in preparation for Infinity War tomorrow.

HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE BEST MARVEL MOVIE. I will sign up for another decade of Hemsworth Thor flicks if they're half as fun as this was. I wish they had given bit more time to the whole contest of champions deal, but the movie was already over 2 hours so I can forgive that. But oh man, Damon/Neill, Goldblum, Hela, Valkyrie, Doc Strange, Korg, Skurge were all great, the music was ACES, more funny bits than I can even recall ("Banner" "Welcome, strongest Avenger" "Uhhhhh what??", Piss off ghost!).. already watched it a second time today before the VOD expired.

Mid Credit spoiler:
        Spoiler: spoilz? 
      So Thanos shows up to get the Tessaract that Loki stole? Or the soul stone that Heimdall presumably has? Both?
      First one is correct.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      Ragnarok is indeed one of the best Marvel flicks. It just flows and works so goddamn well.
      Yep. Guardians 1 and Winter Soldiers are my top picks, followed by the 80s madness of the Electro-God.

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
      When they’re left to their own worlds and tones, those movies are alright. When they do the team up shit I lose interest quickly.

Also, Winter Soldier is still the high point for me. Ragnarok has too many problems that just become glaring on a rewatch.
      Russ, no.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I finally caught up with Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Easily my favorite Spider-Man movie. Good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I finally caught up with Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Easily my favorite Spider-Man movie. Good stuff.
          100% the best Spider-man movie ever. No competition.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
            100% the best Spider-man movie ever. No competition.
            I think Raimi's SM2 gives it some decent competition and I hate Maguire. Molina as Doc Ock is still one of my favorite performances in a superhero flick.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It's the best of Raimi's movies, but rewatching it, it ain't that fun compared to Homecoming. Holland blows McGuire out of the water.

Molina's great, but Keaton's fucking awesome, as usual.

Comment

• I like the Ditko era adaptations in those films, though the third was truly a mess.

The villains in the first two were just wonderful in their characterizations, the duality of interactions with Pete/Spidey, and while some of the cg is dated, that train sequence is still more exciting than anything in Homecoming for me. While it had action, none of it seemed all that intense. The car ride with Toombs was the best part.

Also, Bonesaw.
                Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-26-2018, 08:26 AM.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Agree about that car ride. Best scene in the whole movie and it's all thanks to Keaton's amazing performance. Just his eyes are fucking menacing.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Caught most of Winter Soldier last night on tv and just got sucked in. Love that flick. Wish Redford was in the MCU still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Caught most of Winter Soldier last night on tv and just got sucked in. Love that flick. Wish Redford was in the MCU still.
                      I spent that screening wedged between two Huell sized guys and my wife thinking that she was about to go into labor.

So, I had to rewatch later.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• WINTER SOLDIER may be my favorite of the lot. RAGNAROK is way up there, though.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS
                          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS
                            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• YOU TWO AREN'T MAKING THIS EASY.

Comment

• SHIT GUYS!
                                Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Working...
                                X