Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I love how the Vision looks.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• a 9 year old reviews AoU
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Any idea who Bilbo is playing in Civil War?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          I cannot believe that one comment on the article is real. I can't get the comments to load but it's the one from the guy who said the movie was made for 30-something Nostalgia Lords, not kids.

Comment

• hahaha, it's the internet.

Comment

• he's a troll. But this is hilarious.

The premise for this whole article is false--the movie was actually made for me: a middle-aged guy that grew up on comics books, and has enough disposable income to totally geek out and buy the movie, the toys, etc in an effort to re-capture the youth that is quickly disappearing in the rearview mirror. It was made for the geeks that read every blog post about the who's and why's, looked at all the production stills and followed the negotiations between Marvel and Fox to allow Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to appear in both films. It was made of the geeks that watch a less-than-stellar show like Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. simply because it is part of the MCU. It is made for the geeks that actually know what the MCU stands for. It is made for the geeks that are scared they will have their first heart attack before we finally get to see Thanos on screen for any longer than a fleeting cameo (2019 or 2020).

Stand aside 9 year olds, this isn't your movie. It is mine. And I loved it.

Comment

Any idea who Bilbo is playing in Civil War?

The nerd consortium is saying Everett K. Ross (sole white guy in a Black Panther book for the last 25 years).

Based on what has leaked of script, I'm pegging him as a Zemo scientist or SHIELD crony.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• What was the deal with Strucker? I barely remember that dude from Cap 2.

Comment

What was the deal with Strucker? I barely remember that dude from Cap 2.

In the comics, Strucker is the de facto head of Hydra after World War II and through the 60s.

Imagine Blofeld from Bond but with high tech weapons and a desire to just fuck people up.

He died and his mutant twin kids took over for a bit. But, eventually the Struckers lost control of Hydra.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• That's what bummed me out the most. Like, here's the last base, last big baddie, etc.. I felt like I completely missed something.

Comment

• For the record, I'm more of a DC fan than Marvel, so I don't know all the Marvel minutiae as well as the DC minutiae, but I liked Age of Ultron. Now I can go read about why everyone is pissed off about this movie and why they made Whedon* quit twitter.

*I'm also an Angel/Buffy fan so that's probably another strike against me. lol
                        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• For the record I enjoyed the movie, it's just not Marvel's best offering. And Ant-man trailer killed in our theater too. The bit where Thomas the Train derailed specifically.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That^. My 8 year old laughed his ass off.
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

I actually really dug this. A whole bunch.

Spoiler: spoilers 
                              • the opening battle was awesome. felt like a comic come to life.
                              • Loved the twins. Liz Olsen...gotdamn. I think I prefer X-Men's Quicksilver however.
                              • The stuff with Serkis felt cut to shit and/or just set up for Black Panther. LOOK I CUT OFF HIS ARM....OOOOOoohhhhh
                              • Spader was PERFECT for Ultron.
                              • The Hulk/Iron face off was fucking great. GO TO SLEEP.
                              • Hawkeye was actually interesting. Huh. Color me surprised. Loved everything with him BUT the constant "OH SHIT HE'S GONNA DIEEEEE"
                              • that being said, why the fuck kill off Quick? Laaaammmee.
                              • WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT HELICARRIER COME FROM? Like for reals, what the shit?
                              • Needed more Falcon.
                              • The Vision was amazing looking. So cool. Dug everything with him.
                              • If Hulk didn't go into space I'll be sad.
                              • so there are two infinity gauntlets? ok.
                              • any significance to the new AI that Tony was using after he uploaded Jarvis into Vision?
                              • And what the shit was with Thor's vision? Felt reallllly cut to shit there.

I dug it.
                              THIS.

Saw it Sunday night. Pretty much on point with you. Flawed, but it was fun. GO TO SLEEP killed. Hawkeye was cool, and The Vision was neat. Liked the twins. Olsen was HAWT.

I also don't get the complains about Widow. Let's remember ScarJo was pregnant, so they had to deal with that too. I'll buy that Blu as soon as it comes out.

Man, everyone freaked out when:

Spoiler: SPOILAH 
                              The Vision handed Thor Mjolnir

And I agree about the lack of Falcon, but what can you do... Ultron wasn't Cap 2 or Guardians great, but it was FUN.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The pay off with that scene Martin was fucking perfect. The little conversations that kept going throughout the movie: that one, the language one, etc.. were awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X