Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI-RES HULK IS HI-RES
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• For some raisin, I never noticed he's got the equivalent nose-to-face ratio of a pug.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        Of course I'm joking. I just think it's fun to pretend you're trolling rather than genuinely not enjoying such a great popcorn flick. I will concede it's not the greatest flick ever but to be at a point where a comic book flick can be treated as serious and well as this one has is just nuts considering how far they've come.
        Cool. Sometimes you folks are so droll that it's hard for that to translate tonally in text on this end.

You raise a very good point, sir. I suppose I wasn't really being mindful of that. I went in to take the movie for what it is and not cut it too much slack because of the flicks surrounding it, or what it represents in the evolution of the superhero film as sub-genre. But that's not really fair on my part, as it does represent something pretty amazing when you think about it.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Yeah, sarcasm and subtlety do not translate well in text. And honestly if you didn't dig it I'm ok with it. And years from now I may see it in that "take it for what it is" mind set too, but to see my kids geek the fuck out for a super hero flick like they should and not have a disappointed look on their faces was so cool that any nitpicking was just impossible for me.

And like Russ said, they've come a long way, I mean Jeebus look at that Hulk pic....So awesome.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• 5th highest grossing of all time. Just passed A New Hope.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• What Bobby doesn't know is that this discussion, too ended in unanimity. He was wrong, and the rest of us agreed he was wrong.*

* WARNING! WARNING! SARCASM! SARCASM! WARNING!
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• hahahahah
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• There had better be a Protocop easter egg or there will heck to pay.

Heck I tells ya.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• FUCK. YES.

One of the little details I NEVER get tired of in the comics is seeing a collection of Iron Man armors on display. To see that onscreen is bliss, pure bliss, I tells ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                        What Bobby doesn't know is that this discussion, too ended in unanimity. He was wrong, and the rest of us agreed he was wrong.*

* WARNING! WARNING! SARCASM! SARCASM! WARNING!
                        I get a very "Richard Dreyfuss at the end of Stand by Me" kind of vibe from this post. In addition to the usual Iggy "cheeky chappie" vibe, of course. I'm ok with that blend. A-ok, even.
                        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• "And Bobby, who always made the best peace, got between B Metal and Rerb when rerb pulled a knife arguing over the Avengers."
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• If I could only rep Iggy... again.

"I was 44 going on 45 the first time I saw The Avengers. It happened in the spring of 2012 -a long time ago, but only if you measure in terms of years. I was living in a small town in Oregon called Castle Rock. There were only twelve hundred and eighty-one people. But to me, it was the whole world."

OR

"It was weird to me how, then, Bobby could care so much about The Avengers, which practically tried to kill him. And I couldn't give a shit about The Amazing Spider-Man, and that film hadn't laid a hand on me since I was three! And that was for eating the bleach under the sink."

Comment

• SEPTEMBER 25TH ON BLU!

I already have Captain and Thor on Blu, but I have yet to get the Iron Man ones and Incredible Hulk, so the set it kinda tempting...
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It looks like they might announce Dr. Strange and the other one today.

Please say they're fast tracking Guardians of the Galaxy and not forcing Ant-Man into development.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X