No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rzOYdNkKINA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• if you're gonna market your tone-deaf movie, this is the way to do it!
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It's a pretty terrible idea to make and release this movie in 2018 but, if I'm being honest, I really want to see it.

Comment

• same. I'm not outraged about this shit and I'll see it.

Comment

• OK, that trailer is fantastic.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I love how Old Man Willis is sleepwalking through the violation of his family.

Really shows he cares.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vfugwq2uoa0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                Watched this last night. First hour or so? Completely fucking awesome. There is a great setup to the trip at the start (apparently quite different from the book this is adapted from), character work is well done, the eeriness ramps up quite nicely once they enter the forest and doesn't let up for some time.
                  Spoiler: Minor spoilers 
                Everything in the house/the nightmares they have and how they all are found the next morning is fucking awesome. Especially the dude found worshiping the wicker man witchcraft thing. Creepy as fuck dude.
                However, found the movie got a little too cliched heading into the 3/4 mark and especially once
                  Spoiler: spoilzz 
                they get captured at the village
                whichs starts off super duper creepy but quickly turns into your typical,
                  Spoiler: POILZZ 
                run-from-a-not-scary-CGI-monster
                mess at the end with an underwhelming finish.

Overall though I'm definitely glad to have checked it out, the good still outweighed the bad for me even if it didn't deliver on its first hour promise. Oh, and there is a punch in this movie that is one of my new favorite cinematic punches.
                Last edited by Trejo; 02-10-2018, 04:49 PM.
                XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                  Watched this last night. First hour or so? Completely fucking awesome. There is a great setup to the trip at the start (apparently quite different from the book this is adapted from), character work is well done, the eeriness ramps up quite nicely once they enter the forest and doesn't let up for some time.
                    Spoiler: Minor spoilers 
                  Everything in the house/the nightmares they have and how they all are found the next morning is fucking awesome. Especially the dude found worshiping the wicker man witchcraft thing. Creepy as fuck dude.
                  However, found the movie got a little too cliched heading into the 3/4 mark and especially once
                    Spoiler: spoilzz 
                  they get captured at the village
                  whichs starts off super duper creepy but quickly turns into your typical,
                    Spoiler: POILZZ 
                  run-from-a-not-scary-CGI-monster
                  mess at the end with an underwhelming finish.

Overall though I'm definitely glad to have checked it out, the good still outweighed the bad for me even if it didn't deliver on its first hour promise. Oh, and there is a punch in this movie that is one of my new favorite cinematic punches.
                  This wasn't a terrible movie (actually really dug the creature design) but this felt like it was 3 hours long. Way too little happening in the middle of the movie for me. I was pretty bored throughout. The last 30 mins made up for the boring middle.

Comment

• I thought it was really good. I didn't notice any pacing issues. I really like how they incorporated the forest into the nightmares and thought the monster design was gross and awesome.

Comment

• Fassbender to star in full length Kung Fury movie.

why?

Comment

• INVEST IN YOUR MEME FUTURES BOYS

Comment

As a spoof trailer? INCREDIBLE
                          As a short film? Great for a while but then really outstays it's welcome
                          As a AAA feature film with studio brass intervention? Oh no..
                          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• yeah, that 30 min short movie was really wearing by the end. That being said, I still love the shit out of that soundtrack.

But this was already done, and better. it's called Turbo Kid.

Comment

• Rob is correct. TURBO KID forever.

Comment

Yikes.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X