No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QaoF6byFQFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this looks really good.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Ben's gonna be pissed when he sees that trailer.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Why? close to a script he wrote or something?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It's like someone took my script and made it work. But there are some spooky similarities - the girl in the woods, the party, the lead being called James, the cars on the freeway and mine was called Every Last Thing - not a million miles from that title.

I gave up on trying to get the thing made a couple of years ago (too many similar projects, especially Seeking a Friend...) and I reckon this is just an odd coincidence as it's not exactly the world's most original concept. But I'm curious as to whether there's any connections between people I was developing it with and the team behind this.

It does look better than what I would have produced, though!
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            <iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QaoF6byFQFU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

this looks really good.
            In my wheelhouse.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• OK, now that Ben has owned up to it: yeah, it looks like about 50% of his script (which was GREAT, by the way). Ben's got a really solid knack for dialog, so I hope that we see one of his scripts get produced.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• No obvious connections to the crew or producers, but that's certainly the final nail in me using it as anything other than a writing sample.

Thanks, Matt. It was very painful seeing our window of opportunity slip away, but it needed a lot of work to get it to work and I wasn't getting the support or feedback I expected from the company I was contracted to. For what it's worth, I'm writing something I'm really enjoying at the moment, but I'm gonna play this one close to my chest until it's ready.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I still need to finish my western, dammit.

Comment

• Yes you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                      No obvious connections to the crew or producers, but that's certainly the final nail in me using it as anything other than a writing sample.

Thanks, Matt. It was very painful seeing our window of opportunity slip away, but it needed a lot of work to get it to work and I wasn't getting the support or feedback I expected from the company I was contracted to. For what it's worth, I'm writing something I'm really enjoying at the moment, but I'm gonna play this one close to my chest until it's ready.
                      That's awesome man. I'd like to read what you have if you'd like to share?

Comment

• Every Last Thing? I could dig out a copy.

Comment

• I want to see more of Splinter in action. I really like the design even in this low quality toy.

Comment

• Is that a foot soldier or Casey Jones on the bottom, middle?

Comment

• guessing foot as it looks like the guys shown in the trailer

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eq1sTNGDXo0?list=UURX7UEyE8kp35mPrgC2sosA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FUCK YEAH.

Comment

Working...
                                X