No announcement yet.

Star Trek: The Star Trek Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NWROQ1B6Onw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Be afraid, Bobby. Be very afraid.
      Originally posted by Matt View Post
      When you watch this thing, you will sit there in AWE and amazement of the stupidity that you are beholden to. It really is that bad.
      Thanks for the honest assessment, Matt. If last summer hadn't been such a constant string of disappointments, I might be more invested in this. But the only upshot of the recent series of big, bland movies like this is feeling a little more prepared for the frustration of watching another Orci/Kurtzman opus.

The thing is, even when Next Generation movies were doing some pretty silly things (Generations has more than its share, even by the writers' admission), it still felt like Trek. That doesn't necessarily mean being shackled to certain story obligations or keeping to a certain formula as some seem to think, at least not to me. It simply presupposes an interest in earnest storytelling and character work - not just paying lip service to them or attempting to distract us with spectacle whizz-bang-everything-go-boom.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
        <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NWROQ1B6Onw?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
          Yeah Bobby, there's things to enjoy about the film, but it's not a good film.

I just skimmed Capone's piece at AICN. I sense there's a backlash brewing against the people that don't like this movie. Apparently concerns about plot and structure are nitpicking.
          As someone who finds it hard to care about football (soccer) any more largely due to this sort of "we'll swallow anything" mentality, it worries and frustrates me to see it infect movie culture so much, especially the "genre" area.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Now I want you all to really love it just to see if we can push Matt over the edge.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
              Now I want you all to really love it just to see if we can push Matt over the edge.
              I knew this was coming...
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/8338091" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="281" width="500"></iframe>
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

It'll take all the booze in the world for me not to be as contrarian a troll as possible after this weekend.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

I've never had the chance to pull the BDR equivalent of 'FIRST!' before. Sorry buddy.

On point, I found the film problematic, but in the moment, it was still more enjoyable than it wasn't and I said before, it looks and sounds fantastic. It's a recommendation for me.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I'm so going to claim this movie is our generations Gone with the wind, just to see if Matt will go postal.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I DUNNO NUTHIN BOUT BIRTHIN NO ROMULANS MISS SCARLET

Comment

• FUCK YESsssssssssss
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• After 2 hours of their 9/11 conspiracy horseshit, they actually put a caption at the end saying "Dedicated to 9/11 veterans."

Fuck this movie. So hard. In its cunt.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Soooo, guess I'll wait until this hits cable then.

Still, hey, means more monies for Pacific Rim!

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                                After 2 hours of their 9/11 conspiracy horseshit, they actually put a caption at the end saying "Dedicated to 9/11 veterans."

Fuck this movie. So hard. In its cunt.
                                fuckin wat

I am going to see this in an hour. At this point I NEED to see the trainwreck.

Comment

Working...
                                X