No announcement yet.

Battle: Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The movie was alright. Not terrible, as some stated, nor great, but I was entertained for 2 hours, so it's that. The script ain't great at all, but anyone complaining that the characters weren't developped haven't watched Black Hawk Down, because it's the same thing here. Soldiers die. A lot. The movie nearly crumbles in the middle when the paces slow, but the final fight picks it up. It's probably the closest we'll have to Call of Duty: Aliens at War.

And the D-Box was fucking awesome. I want to watch Captain America on this.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      The movie was alright. Not terrible, as some stated, nor great, but I was entertained for 2 hours, so it's that. The script ain't great at all, but anyone complaining that the characters weren't developped haven't watched Black Hawk Down, because it's the same thing here. Soldiers die. A lot. The movie nearly crumbles in the middle when the paces slow, but the final fight picks it up. It's probably the closest we'll have to Call of Duty: Aliens at War.

And the D-Box was fucking awesome. I want to watch Captain America on this.
      Yeah but in Black Hawk Down, William Fichtner doesn't ask Ewan MacGregor to be his little marine. Which, considering the person MacGregor was playing later turned out to be a pederast, could give that movie a whole new creepy dimension.
      Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

The part with the kid was shit, but hey, you can't have everything.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          The part with the kid was shit, but hey, you can't have everything.
          True, but that whole section was just embarrassing. I don't really care about the lack of character development -- you're right that it's just not that kind of movie -- but every time the soldiers weren't shouting immediate directions to each other, the movie fails. Badly.

I am an easy mark when it comes to movies and I really, really wanted this movie to succeed (I love the premise), but there's just too much bad stuff to ignore.

ETA: I loved BHD. It's one of my favorite movies, so I get the grunts on the ground concept. B:LA just didn't work for me.
          Last edited by BMichaelKrol; 03-21-2011, 08:21 AM.
          Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Caught this flick over the weekend. Not AS good as I was hoping it would be, but the action kept me entertained.

Overall I thought they did a nice job with the aliens. There is nothing worse than an non existent alien enemy that the movie makers are just too scared to develop.

The movie dragged on for a bit, but I thought they closed it nicely. In the end it gets 2 TAMPONS!

I LOVE BEER !!!

Comment

2 tampons eh? haha
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                2 tampons eh? haha
                Yup, 2 Tampons. Got a problem?
                I LOVE BEER !!!

Comment

Saw it. Lived up to it's acronym of BLA.
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                    Saw it. Lived up to it's acronym of BLA.
                    Well played.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X