RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Don't we also have a Rainn Wilson superhero spoof? This'll be the year that sours everyone on the superhero genre, then. TOO MUCH.
    NOT ENOUGH

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
      I hate Kevin James with the passion of a T-Rex cock.

EDITED TO ADD: Several thousand more T-Rex cocks all plowing into Kevin James at once, moving faster than the speed of sound (light would be a little too much)
      six thousand t-rex cocks in his ass like the tail of a prehistoric peacock
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        and yeah...you're forgetting 'Fast Five'. I think that'll do some serious business.
        yeah, I'm gonna watch the shit out of that, no shame
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          Surely at least one on the list has to be a "huge" success. What else is opening this summer?
          MOTHAFUCKIN FAST FIVE BITCH

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            What else?

Rise of the Apes = Biggest. Bomb. of. this. Summer.

Cars 2 = It might be the least favorite of the Pixars, but it sold a shitload in merchandising and did great in theaters and home-video. They especially say small kids fucking loved it. So yeah...it'll do the typical Pixar $220-$260 million gross. Maybe even more than that because again the first Cars was very well-liked.
            REALLY? REALLY? YOU THINK????? I've seen this movies at least a 100 times, no jokes. And it ain't that bad... I like it better than Wall-E at this point. Seriously. Wall-E is good, but the message is as hamfisted as Cars, if not more.

And Pixar's 2 cash cows are Cars and Toy Story. That's it. But holy shit do they make money.

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            Uhh...looks around...

Fast Five - Doesn't count since it opens in April. I am a nerd; so I would bring up that detail. But yeah big hit. Those flicks apparently (I've only seen 2 Fast, 2 Furious) deliver on their promises of hot women, slick cars and having Diesel and Walker together again (and a van-dyke sporting, afro-wearing Dwayne Johnson).

The Hangover Part II - Open huge but won't match the $280 million of the first. A lot of that was due to the lack of competition back in June 2009 thanks to the WGA Strike; left it time to spread like an STD after that big opening weekend it had. If this breaks past $200 million (a rarity for pure comedies), WB should be wise and take it as a win.
            Doesn't the Rock have a bald head in the trailer????

And I predict The Hangover 2 will still make a lotsa money. A lot. My guess is that outside of Potter and Transformers, the 2 sure-shots of the summer, the hit will be Captain America. The buzz for the trailer in threater from non-geeks is surprisingly good.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Fast Five will be glorious. And Jamie, check out the rest of the Fast flicks, the first one is fun and Tokyo Drift is better than it has any right to be.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I liked the 4th one as well. The only one I missed is Tokyo Drift, which I'll have to track down.

Comment

• Fourth one was better imho but Tokyo was pretty good despite Lucas Black being the "star" of it.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• WHO THE FUCK IS LUCAS BLACK?????

Comment

• Lewis' kid? *Shrugs*
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• That kid must be a boiling kettle of anger.

Comment

• I'm with ya on Captain America, Martin. Even despite that release date (the week following Potter), Cap's gonna do big bank. The WWII-setting/Nazi bashing and the ugly duckling story are the hooks to get regular movie-goers in.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
                            yeah, I'm gonna watch the shit out of that, no shame
                            werd.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                              I'm with ya on Captain America, Martin. Even despite that release date (the week following Potter), Cap's gonna do big bank. The WWII-setting/Nazi bashing and the ugly duckling story are the hooks to get regular movie-goers in.
                              Yeah. the whole WW2 setting is selling itself really easily. Add superheroes and it's a hit.

Comment

• I wonder if we'll see the old-school shield make a cameo?
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X