• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://makingstarwars.net/2014/10/hu...ure-back-cave/

Back-peddling 101.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Troy and Jamie: what's the actual buzz on INTERSTELLAR? Is it supposed to be the goods or is it this year's PROMETHEUS?
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Troy and Jamie: what's the actual buzz on INTERSTELLAR? Is it supposed to be the goods or is it this year's PROMETHEUS?
        I liked Prometheus, as I told Jamie...Interstellar leaves me cold.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Can you expand further on that, Troy?
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Can you expand further on that, Troy?

Nolan is a technical filmmaker that is extraordinary. However, his work on the scripting level leaves a lot to be desired.

In comics, he'd be what we call a plotter.

There are some amazing plotters, but you need both. My screening is the night before Halloween, but I'll probably blow it off since it's IMAX only and they cram way too many of us into that theater.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Ah, so you haven't actually seen it yet. Gotcha.

For what it's worth, I agree with you on Nolan. I was able to connect with INCEPTION, MEMENTO, and THE PRESTIGE (and BATMAN BEGINS to a point), but everything else is very, very cold and technical.

Comment

• Avengers stuff coming up in a bit. Building on what we got out of the weekend.

Comment

•   Spoiler: Speculation based on educated guesses time. 

The Hydra in SHIELD trilogy will be Cap 2, Avengers 2 and Cap 3.

By the end of Cap 3 in 2016, there will be a new Avengers team. The old roster changeth!

As is my understanding, we're going to be down 2 or 3 first Avengers movie cast to make room for the changes. Solo movie stars will be worked into the new team. Most obvious new addition is Ant-Man.

Martin Donovan just got added to Ant-Man today and the role ties into Cap 3 and Avengers 2. Just not sure what it is.

There is talk that the big Avengers/Guardians/Whomever else event might get its own stand-alone movie rather than being Avengers 4 or what have you.

That's it for now.

Comment

•   Spoiler: Loosely Big Hero 6 related 

Even though it got partially spoiled in the RDJ reddit, we're going to find out what's coming up through 2019 for Marvel in about a week if not sooner. I think they'll be able to keep it under their hat until NY Comic Con, but I'm not sure.

Brought up because we got a message about it alongside our Big Hero 6 passes.

Comment

• Amazing (no pun intended) to see Sony so direction-less with Spider-Man.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        Amazing (no pun intended) to see Sony so direction-less with Spider-Man.
                          Spoiler: They have a fucking direction 

It's called MARVEL BUY US OUT! We either want to share costs or dump it all back onto you.

Sandler fucked us! FUCKED US!

Comment

• Sandler?
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• yeah, same question. How does Sandler factor into that?

Comment

• Sandler still has his deal with Sony in place. As Sneider put it, he'll do his big spectacles like Pixels and Grown-Ups 3 (You know it's coming...) with them and shit closer to Billy Madison with Netflix.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• So? Do you mean that he's bleeding cash that Sony will need to recoup with the sale of Spiderman back to Marvel?

Comment

Working...
                                X