GI JOE : Could be awesome in a Mortal Kombat sort of way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck yeah man. Have the Rock be Serpentor! haha
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I have no idea what's going on.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Ha ha, work blocker does it again.

Comment

• Serpentor

In the Marvel Comics series, Serpentor initially appeared in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #49 (July 1986). The character in the comics was different from the version in the animated series. While the animated Serpentor was built to be a new, superior leader of Cobra; his comic counterpart was intended to lead and inspire the troops, while Cobra Commander remained in power.
            The comic version of Serpentor was created in a manner similar to that of the cartoon, involving Cobra collecting genetic material from various historical figures. However, the comic diverges on a few details, such as the animated Serpentor was slightly unstable due to lacking Sun Tzu's DNA.<sup class="noprint Inline-Template" title="This citation requires a reference to the specific volume in which the source appears. from December 2009" style="white-space: nowrap;">[volume & issue needed]</sup> The comic also differs from the cartoon in that DNA from Storm Shadow was also used in the creation of Serpentor. While much of the Cobra hierarchy was in some way loyal to Serpentor in the animated series, their relationship in the comics was strained.
            Serpentor was also portrayed as having something akin to multiple personalities or schizophrenia, as a result of being created from the DNA of multiple tyrants. In another incident, he was able to access memories of one of his genetic forebears.<sup class="noprint Inline-Template" title="This citation requires a reference to the specific volume in which the source appears. from December 2009" style="white-space: nowrap;">[volume & issue needed]</sup> He recalls the invention of pizza, informing a group of Dreadnoks.<sup class="noprint Inline-Template" title="This citation requires a reference to the specific volume in which the source appears. from December 2009" style="white-space: nowrap;">[volume & issue needed]</sup>
            While Serpentor was meant to be more of a figurehead, he was also ambitious, leading to power struggles between Serpentor and other members of Cobra. Serpentor contended with Cobra Commander impostor Fred VII.<sup class="noprint Inline-Template" title="This citation requires a reference to the specific volume in which the source appears. from December 2009" style="white-space: nowrap;">[volume & issue needed]</sup> Fred takes an immediate dislike to Serpentor and the two were often at odds. Their rivalry eventually escalated into the COBRA civil war, in which G.I. Joe was ordered to side with Serpentor to defeat the forces of Fred and the Baroness.<sup class="noprint Inline-Template" title="This citation requires a reference to the specific volume in which the source appears. from December 2009" style="white-space: nowrap;">[volume & issue needed]</sup> During the conflict, Serpentor met his end at the hands of Zartan; and was killed by an arrow to the eye.<sup class="noprint Inline-Template" title="This citation requires a reference to the specific volume in which the source appears. from December 2009" style="white-space: nowrap;">[volume & issue needed]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup>
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• So a knockoff of the Lizard then, got it.

Comment

• No, he's a dude. That wears a lizard like costume. BUT HE'S MADE UP OF THE DNA OF HISTORICAL FIGURES!

Comment

• So it's like Russell Crowe from Virtuosity wearing a lizard tail?

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• Good lord.

Comment

• And it would be AWESOME in the movie world that Summers helped create. Seriously.

Comment

• Only if the JOES re-animate Abe Lincoln and Lincoln kicks some ass will I be interested. Basically, I want to see Fight Club with Abe Lincoln as Durden.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                            Only if the JOES re-animate Abe Lincoln and Lincoln kicks some ass will I be interested. Basically, I want to see Fight Club with Abe Lincoln as Durden.
                            And only if it's the Mustardayonnaise version.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vVBsCCV6NG4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0 xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vVBsCCV6NG4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0 xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>
                            Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-18-2010, 11:54 AM.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Re-watched this yesterday. Yep. Still awesome. Where's the studio with the sequel already?
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Carrying on the theme of Star Wars nods from the first, I'd like a sequence where an imprisoned, Cobra bikini'd Rachel Nichols is forced to slink around erotically for the Commander's amusement. Leash: optional.

Other thoughts:
                                • More colour. The palette wasn't quite bright enough, first time out.
                                • More child-fu.
                                • The Rock.
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X