X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST HAIR 2012 TO IRON FISTS AND ASIAN DAVID BOWIE

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
      I can live with a great Kung-Fu movie. They don't all have to be oscar bait.

But, they do have to be competently made. Billy made a solid point about the narration and it's a collection of problems similar to that which almost leads the film to be derailed.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Oh I agree on them having to be well made but since you called it a "great" kung fu movie I assumed this one somewhat resembles decent film making.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          Oh I agree on them having to be well made but since you called it a "great" kung fu movie I assumed this one somewhat resembles decent film making.

It does and it doesn't. I'm giving it a pass, because the film was a big gamble and it paid off. However, the RZA needs to get more training and practice before he takes on his next project.

Especially, if it turns out to be Milius' "Genghis Khan" script.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Sounds fair, of course I'll have to see it before I can really say.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• hated the book and this doesn't change my mind so far. that being said, the idea of zombies swarming like locusts sounds awesome but shitty cg is shitty cg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HcwTxRuq-uk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Love the book, and everyone involved in this, but it looks like total shit. And has fucking nothing to do with the book. The image of the swarms is cool though.

Comment

• Agreed. Will see w/ minimal expectations. A flashback ridden mockumentary would have been so much better. . .
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Now here's a new take. Kind of the Fido route. I'm not seeing the Twilight comparisons.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LScOVOZn0fU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DylgNj4YQVc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I actually want to see that. Curious to see the spin Raimi puts on it.

Comment

• Impressive! Wouldn't mind seeing this lead into a Wizard of Oz remake with Raimi at the helm, then more Oz flicks based on the books.

Comment

• Any word on Killing Them Softly? I'm super excited. Expecting greatness.

Comment

• also curious on word for JACK REACHER.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Oz - Very torn on that one. Looks like Raimi's going a little Gilliam and having fun playing with the toolkit, Williams and Franco look pretty great and it hints at having a knowing script, which could be fun.

But Kunis seems out of place and it looks like ANOTHER film building to a big battle-revolt by the 'locals', with Oz leading them into action, just like every fantasy property now has to have, thanks to Lord of the Rings (Alice in Wonderland, Snow White and the Huntsman etc.). I am so bored of lazy 'prophecies' and 'chosen one'-centric storylines for films like this. Just make it fun, it doesn't have to be faux-deep.

On that basis, I'm more in the 'don't care' than the 'ooh, pretty pictures!' camp.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X