Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS trailers are too awesome. I love those old Shaw Bros kung fu films, and this looks like the perfect riff on them. LOVE the fact that it seems to be lifting almost directly...plotwise...from KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARM.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Saw Expendables 2: It's Expendaburgable! Saturday with Jen. Enjoyed ourselves quite a bit. Sure, we now know how many plot holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall, and I could've used more Jet Li, but the film played like the big, goofy, live-action cartoon that it is.

Spoiler: Just in case y'all didn't see it yet... 
      Chuck Norris was a welcome addition/brief cameo as Booker (same Booker as in Good Guys Wear Black? I'd have used his Braddock character from his Missing in Action flicks myself) who I'd like to see in Expendables 3: Expendable Boogaloo if/when that ever gets made. Bruce Willis' Church had me scratching my head the most re: his cranky ass in his first appearance, to his "Hi, fellows!" towards the epic shootout near the end.

Gotta agree Van Damme gets MVP for this. He relished every second he was on the screen, and made for an effective bad guy. Very good fight scene with Stallone, but it sucks he snuffed it, as I'd have loved him coming back in the eventual sequel with a crew of other action stars to fight against Stallone's team.

I'll imagine, Lesley will be most upset that there was no Rourke and his gruesome fingernails in this. There, there, little Lesley, there, there.

Comment

• Expendable Boogaloo? How many sequels before they Take Manhattan?
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Totally agree with you Tim on I'm Expendables Too.

Spoiler: First act spoilers, but spoilers nonetheless 
          From the cagily worded reviews, I assumed it was Jet Li's ass that got canned. Since he doesn't die, where the fuck was he for the rest of the film? They didn't even address it as far as I could tell and I fully expected him to turn up in the finale. A real, real shame, cos his frying pan fight was one of the high points of that opening skirmish.

It has to be said, the body count in this film was LUDICROUS. Surely bests the likes of Commando by at least a factor of 2.

Any bets on the next being Expendables 3D?
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Chuck Norris was awesome, though.
            Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Chuck Norris is a fuck head.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Chuck Norris should have been blown up.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• To be fair, Jen didn't know about Chuck's politics and general assholery. I'll 'splain to her later.

Comment

• He also likes to go to really nice steakhouses in Houston and refuse to tip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      To be fair, Jen didn't know about Chuck's politics and general assholery. I'll 'splain to her later.

and he was a giant dick to Bruce Lee.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                        To be fair, Jen didn't know about Chuck's politics and general assholery. I'll 'splain to her later.
                        Tell her not to take it personal. I know none meant it that way.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Oh, I know she wouldn't, Josh - she honestly doesn't know about all of Norris' behind the scenes shenanigans.

And I'd have loved it if Bruce Lee was still around.

Comment

• I bet Bruce would feel the same.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• If Bruce were still here, do you think that interwebs phenomenon would have revolved around him rather than Chuck?
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I think Bruce probably would have sparred with Chuck and helped expose him to being a closed minded pussy to more people. Bruce would have been incredible inspiration for a lot of people. Go on youtube and find his "be water" interview. So amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X