This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    She elaborated by saying that because money is tight for everyone those with kids will forgo other movies and take the whole family out for something like this. Which makes sense, we've done it in the past.

Which creates the other conundrum of making studios think that this schlock has a market. It's also what creates the skewed marketing info that leads The Lorax to schilling SUVs.

Since all marketing info is based on things you saw in reality roughly five years ago.

I had business. I hate all business. My eyes are starting to bleed from all of these financial breakdowns I've been doing.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I hear you. To be honest the wife and I have no desire to see Lorax, however our soon to be 8 year old does. So if we ended up going we'd have to buy 4 tickets to go when only 1-2 of us are actually remotely interested in the flick.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Just curious:

if JOHN CARTER is a flops badly, who is gonna pay the price for the reckoning that will ensue?
        How about if it merely underperforms?
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Just curious:

if JOHN CARTER is a flops badly, who is gonna pay the price for the reckoning that will ensue?
          How about if it merely underperforms?

To underperform, it has do somewhere around 175-180.

If it flops = makes less than 150 mil overall. It will be Disney regime change. Plus, it helps Marvel and Pixar execs move up further in the company since The Avengers and Brave are on track to clean up.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• HAHAHAH

Is that Jamie Kennedy under the mask?
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Who is the lone ranger?
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Don't tell me... Depp will do something weird (for the sake of weird) so everyone will pay attention to him instead of the main character, right?
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Y'know, I hear tell they had color back in the Old West. Reds, blues, greens, yellows... veritable rainbow to choose from. Not sure if they had emos or goths back then.

Seriously, is Tim Burton attached to this?

Comment

• No, that other guy who always says, "Whatever you want, Johnny!" during takes. (Academy Award winner) Gore Verbinski.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Just hope this won't be a trainwreck. It's only the first pic of this flick, and I'm already kind of nervous.

Comment

• Who is the market for this? Seriously?
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                            Just hope this won't be a trainwreck. It's only the first pic of this flick, and I'm already kind of nervous.
                            Problem is this is being surrounded by Yes Men (Disney, Verbinski, Bruckheimer) all around Depp. Nobody is going to challenge the guy whose weirdo bullshit routine for the past decade has earned em billions. That's why I'm not optimistic towards Edgar Wright doing The Night Stalker.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                              Who is the market for this? Seriously?
                              Geeks like me - I used to watch reruns of the old Lone Ranger TV episodes at my grandparents when I was a kid, and my grandpa was a HUGE Western fan. Zane grey, Eastwood, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, etc. Lone Ranger was more kid-friendly and served as the gateway drug for all the stuff my grandpa dug. Plus, I always thought a guy who could shoot the weapons out of a bad guys hands without killing him pretty bad ass.

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                              Problem is this is being surrounded by Yes Men (Disney, Verbinski, Bruckheimer) all around Depp. Nobody is going to challenge the guy whose weirdo bullshit routine for the past decade has earned em billions. That's why I'm not optimistic towards Edgar Wright doing The Night Stalker.
                              What I figured. Damn shame, too, as I could see a revamped LR being a decent property for modern kids to latch on to, same way as kids sort of got into Pirates of the Caribbean for awhile.

Comment

• So. King Diamond is playing Tonto?

Comment

Working...
                                X