Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wedding Singer was great, but it works so well because of the Billy Idol cameo. That, and Drew's realization that her married name was going to be Julia Gulia. Believe me, a married name like that is something every woman fears.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I give... yeah, Wedding Singer was pretty good, all things considered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
        The Wedding Singer was great, but it works so well because of the Billy Idol cameo.
        A cameo that Sander's tried to recreate ever since to no success. They're so damn random who pops up in his comedies.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          A cameo that Sander's tried to recreate ever since to no success. They're so damn random who pops up in his comedies.
          Well, it was so fabulous because everyone knows what Billy Idol was like in his prime in the 80s. So to hear him talking in outrage about how Glen treats women like possessions, and all he cares about is money, cars and the trappings of wealth is just awesome. That, and when he helps defeat Glen by mowing him down with the drink cart. There's just so much to love in that little cameo - and he just doesn't seem like the kind of guy to be self-deprecating like that, which is what makes it so cool.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• ADAM IS GREAT IN ALL OF THE THINGS.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
              Well, it was so fabulous because everyone knows what Billy Idol was like in his prime in the 80s. So to hear him talking in outrage about how Glen treats women like possessions, and all he cares about is money, cars and such is just fabulous. That, and when he helps defeat Glen by mowing him down with the drink cart. There's just so much in that little cameo to love - and he just doesn't seem like the kind of guy to be self-deprecating like that, which is what makes it so cool.
              Not to mention, it was inherently funny to see Idol playing his 20 something, youthful-looking self when he clearly looked rougher.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Does it make me a bad person to admit that I do like "Red Hooded Sweatshirt" and "The Hannaukah Song"? Sandler does nothing for me, but I'll cop to those two things.

(*Probably. I'll show myself out now...*)

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  Not to mention, it was inherently funny to see Idol playing his 20 something, youthful-looking self when he clearly looked rougher.
                  Clearly. Despite the fact that it's a Sandler comedy, it's worth waiting for to see Billy Idol at the end.

Comment

• Oh, the HATE & snark this would've generated had it been done on DERP. God bless us in our tolerant, happy message board! Every one! And here's to Rerb, the founder of the feast!
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                      ADAM IS GREAT IN ALL OF THE THINGS.
                      SANDLER IS GOD AND WE ARE ALL UNWORTHY.

I even like "You Don't Mess With the Zohan."
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I genuinely like THE WEDDING SINGER and mildly enjoy HAPPY GILMORE. The others that I've seen are pure garbage.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• There are now at least three people in this thread who own LITTLE NICKY on DVD. *dealwithit.jpg*

Comment

• Terrible.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's easily the worst Sandler movie but like Rob said, there's something about the mean streak that I like.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                There are now at least three people in this thread who own LITTLE NICKY on DVD. *dealwithit.jpg*
                                *puts grave on the list*

What is happening to our happy little place. A month a go we were on all cylinders like.....

Today, one apparently flew over the coocoo's nest and got locked up and Rerb is on a one man crusade to wackytown too. Now we are..........

Can't we get back to normal?
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X