Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always preferred Carlito's Way, but I must say the trailer for the Blu really got me pumped. Its a great trailer that really sells the film as iconic.

I don't remember it being that great, to be honest. But I still want to buy that blu.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
      I've not read any of the books or seen any of the original movies (or even this most recent trailer), but everything I have seen so far of Fincher's version makes it look like a genuine cause for excitement.
      So you mean the first trailer with Karen O belting out Plant lyrics then?
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
        The culture around it helps fuel my hatred for the movie.
        Absolutely. It has one of the shittiest fanbases I've ever encountered.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Idiots who worship and live by Tony Montana realize he dies violently for his life-style at the end, don't they?
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Nope. Or if they do they think "I would do it differently."
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
              Nope. Or if they do they think "I would do it differently."
              Yep. Doomed to fail because one does not simply walk into drug traffic.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Let us also not forget that the dipshits who worship it notwithstanding, De Palma's film is also just a fucking terrible movie.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• THAT ALL OF THAT EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That's going too far. In no way is it a terrible film. In need of an edit and a better score, sure. But there's still some iconic De Palma filmmaking going on and, let's face it, Pacino unleashed loooong before that got stale.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Watching half an hour of Scarface made that Pacino stock performance stale.

The best I can muster is saying it made for a great Simpsons moment.

It is a bad movie with then-reputable names tacked onto it.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Scarface is that mobster movie that impresses people who never seen great mobster movies.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        That looks incredible, in my opinion. Fincher's brief words on it in Empire (the first time he's been asked by a producer to deliver as hard an R as possible; Daniel Craig brings it and is the gravitational pull at the centre of the film) got me excited and this confirmed my opening night ticket. It feels like an event film of the highest calibre.
                        I buy Craig, and Fincher, but there's no way Mara can top Rapace's performance. It was the highlight of the uneven original trilogy. And beside, she's a cute gal, no matter how much they try to fuck her up, you can see it. Rapace can look cute, but naturally, she ain't. And it adds to her character.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I want to Ruin-ey Mara. Hiyooh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                            Absolutely. It has one of the shittiest fanbases I've ever encountered.
                            [Nudges Tim] Joo hear dat, meng?
                            [Makes Thumb-and-Forefinger "Gun"] NO, YOU DIE, MUTHAFUCKA!!!

Smug muthafucka. . . joo t'ink joo better den me, meng? Well look here! here come de bad guy! Joo feel better about jooself, meng?
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Si! Joo tell 'em, Iggy! Damn pendejos tink dey know, BUT DEY DON'T!

Here pelican, pelican, pelican...

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                                So you mean the first trailer with Karen O belting out Plant lyrics then?
                                Yeah, that trailer and the poster promo stuff that's been doing the rounds. I think the biggest compliment I can give the film - aside from comments on the technical skill on show - is that this stuff has got me excited about something well established (with lots of fans) which I hitherto had minimal interest in. Or desire to change that, based on what little I knew about it.

Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                                I want to Ruin-ey Mara. Hiyooh!
                                I want to mar-a your attempts at corruption... and woo her myself!
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X