Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Remo Williams, not much happens in this movie and Remo Williams apparently invented parkour.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Winter's Bone.

Really good movie, with some great performances. If you're interested in a tense movie about meth heads in the Ozarks, this is the one!

Comment

• I saw about 80-85% of THE LOVELY BONES this morning. Right after it was over I thought "hmm, that really wasn't that bad". As I tried to recount the ending to my wife tonight that thought changed to, "Jesus, what a fucking stupid mess!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          Watching Remo Williams, not much happens in this movie and Remo Williams apparently invented parkour.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Avatar. Great film - visually, it was magnificent (the CGI was alternately so realistic you forget it's CGI, other times it would take me right out of the movie - usually during the transitions to the real world action). Storywise, there are some issues, ("unobtanium", James? Really? You come up with this fantastic world and great story, and your MacGuffin is called "unobtanium"?), but all in all, I've seen/read worse and it entirely captivated me through most of the film. Bit ham-handed in the characterizations of some of the humans - looking at Parker and the Colonel, who are so over-the-top evil they should be twirling mustaches.

Followed up by the first episode of The Walking Dead, which was only great, and has me ready for tonight's episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
              Watching Remo Williams, not much happens in this movie and Remo Williams apparently invented parkour.
              No love for Remo? I love this movie and watch it whenever it comes on TV. I love Joel Grey playing the little asian guy. Next up go for "Running Scared" another 80's 'classic'.

Comment

• I told you I was gonna see it... and we finally got to it tonight...

FULL METAL JACKET.

Even though George had it on VHS, he went out and bought himself a new copy on DVD after I said I wanted to see it, so that we could watch it in style.

The verdict? FABULOUS!! Just amazing and gut wrenching, and now I know where you guys get 50% of your catch-phrases from! Just great stuff, nothing to not love.

So here's a question, and if the answer is obvious and has been discussed before, I apologize - it was my first time finally seeing it. But do you think that Vincent D'Onofrio and Adam Baldwin were purposely cast because they resembled each other, or am I just seeing that? Specifically during the scene where they're deciding the fate of the Vietnamese sniper-girl (sorry, guys, but it's okay to not spoiler-tag a 23 year old movie, right?), there's a moment when Animal says, "I say we leave her for the rats", the light hits his face a certain way, and you would swear it's Gomer standing there. They could be twins. Coincidence, or intentional on Kubrick's part? Because Matthew Modine talks about the duality of man, and bam! There it is. It makes you think, "This is what Gomer might have turned out like if he'd actually made it over to Vietnam." If he'd actually crossed over to the other side, so to speak.

Or am I simply Captain Obvious? ("Hey, and you know what else? The three farmhands are also Dorothy's three friends in Oz, derp derp derp!")
                Last edited by Lisa; 11-07-2010, 08:26 PM.
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                  ("Hey, and you know what else? The three farmhands are also Dorothy's three friends in Oz, derp derp derp!")
                  WHAT?

Watched 'Kill Zone' with Donnie Yen and Sammo Hung. Awesome fight choreography... especially the alley knife fight, and a twisted ending that made me actually rewind it and go "No! What? How the... FUCKING AWESOME!"
                  Last edited by V; 11-08-2010, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• (Psssst... Vin! I figured if anyone was gonna address my question, it would have been you! But srsly - guyzez? Anyone? )
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Sounds like something Kubrick might have intended. Not sure though. Never caught that myself and I've seen that movie probably 100 times. Interesting question! Good jerb!
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Not bad for a first timer, eh? Thanks, Nathan, LOL!

Although, I will say, I'm a bad LOST fan. Totally never recognized John Terry - probably because he was too young. In fact, I kept thinking that was Powers Boothe, who would have been in his late 30s at that time. Then I saw the name, "John Terry" in the credits, and still didn't catch on - the name sounded familiar, but I blanked on it. Never even put the very young face to the name till this morning.
                        Last edited by Lisa; 11-08-2010, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Lisa, I've seen FMJ probably 25 times, and never considered that point of view. And with the duality of man being such a prominent theme in the film. Now I feel blind and dumb. I think it was probably an obvious choice.

Comment

• Intriguing hypothesis, Lisa - I do see your point re: Gomer Pyle turning into Animal had he made it to Vietnam. It's entirely possible that could've happened had he not greased Hartmann then himself. That, or he'd have gone full-on psycho and probably drawn a Section 8 before long, provided he didn't whack his own troops.

Nice work with your fresh eyes on the film, Lisa! Never even considered it, but it does make sense.

Comment

• Given how much you guys love this film and talk about it so much, I'm really, really geeked out that I picked up on that possibility on my first time viewing it! I honestly figured I'd bring it up, and get a "Well, yeah, no duh!" for my troubles!

Comment

• Here's the important thing Lisa.

LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACE!

Comment

Working...
                                X