Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    While I'd love that, I'd also have no problems with Three getting the Oscar. It was so goddamn good.

Gonna check out Shape here this weekend finally, so we'll see if this turns me around on GDT making something that works on all levels.
    All Shape did was tell me Del Taco is never going to really grow as a storyteller.

His brand of magical realism just does nothing for me.

That said, Mike Shannon continues to be typecast as the unhinged authority figure and I have no problems with that.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• BLACK PANTHER- Top five MCU. I'm so happy that they're FINALLY figuring out the villains. Wallace was great as the bad guy, all the tech was awesome, even Bilbo was useful!, and I want a separate movie or TV show dedicated to Shuri and the King's Guard.

Comment

• Wind River. Dug the shit outta this. Renner and Olsen were great. I wasn't prepared to get into it as much as I did. Some great editing in this.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• STATE OF PLAY (2009), Russell Crowe, Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Helen Mirren.

Pretty solid journalist thriller. Well acted from everyone, especially Crowe.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - Dug this quite a bit actually. Jack Black is the MVP. Kevin Hart is still annoying but works well as the character he's playing. The story worked for me as it felt like Indy-lite. The Rock does awkward well when he needs to and the video game centric stuff was really well done. I'd be totally down with another entry. Shit, even the Jonas Brother that was in this was pretty great.

Had zero expectations going in but laughed a bunch and thought the action scenes were decent. Man, I forgot how much I can enjoy Jack Black when he's out of the spotlight for awhile.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Wind River. Dug the shit outta this. Renner and Olsen were great. I wasn't prepared to get into it as much as I did. Some great editing in this.
              My favorite film of 2017.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• yeah, I remember you mentioning it when it came out. Just realized it was on Netflix and took a chance. Glad I did.

Comment

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.
                  I too was pleasantly surprised by it. Jeck Blek's performance was definitely worth the price of admission.

Even after seeing it a lot in the trailer, the exploding Kevin Hart part still worked for me.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Totally! The whole "Cake is my weakness" thing was hilarious. Also Jack Black learning he has a penis was fucking great.

Comment

• The way they dealt with the bad guy was a little weak but so are retro videogame endings, so it was pretty close to emulating that feeling of "that's it!?" I would usually get with many a NES/SNES victory.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show 2: Brawl in Cell Block 99.

Vinnie is a guy just trying to save up some honest cash for his Brock Lesnar-tier tattoo removal when he gets laid off at his honest job. Honestly.

He proceeds down the road toward the worst day of his life. Or at least he thinks this until fate decides to use his ballsack as a pin cushion when he makes the choice to return to a life of high risk, high reward (re:crime).

It's another one by the fella who made Bone Tomahawk, and in many ways it shares a lot of similar characteristics with that film. The same nihilistic streak runs through this one, the same brutality, but now brought into the modern world.

The savagery here is comparable to that of the previous film, but instead of multiple characters visiting high levels of violence upon their fellow man, it is Vince Vaughn doing the lion's share of the work here. It's a cruel bit of work to be sure, with several scenes coming straight outta LiveLeak.

Vaughn delivers a fine performance but this wallows much more freely in the amorality of committing bloody murder and becomes a bit farcical at its close. Especially the final shot before the cut to black.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I don't disagree, but he splits a dude's jaw to 180 degrees via a concrete floor and that's fucking RAD.

Comment

• I'm not sure whether or not watch it based on Russ's review.

Checked out The Disaster Artist last night. Franco killed it as Tommy. Dave was a bit flat for me but the biggest issue for me was that the best part of the movie was the credits where they had the side-by-side scenes of the original and their version. That was incredible and I'd rather watch a shot for shot remake with Franco. It was a breezy flick that felt like it glossed over most of the conflict but it was still interesting. Worth a watch if you ever watched The Room and it may be Franco's best acting yet. Dude became Tommy.

Comment

I'm not sure whether or not watch it based on Russ's review.

Checked out The Disaster Artist last night. Franco killed it as Tommy. Dave was a bit flat for me but the biggest issue for me was that the best part of the movie was the credits where they had the side-by-side scenes of the original and their version. That was incredible and I'd rather watch a shot for shot remake with Franco. It was a breezy flick that felt like it glossed over most of the conflict but it was still interesting. Worth a watch if you ever watched The Room and it may be Franco's best acting yet. Dude became Tommy.
                              I heard it was Franco's love letter to Tommy. The audio book was interesting. Greg seems like an odd bird in his own right.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Disaster Artist really lost its appeal for me the moment Dave Franco was cast as Greg. He's wooden and looks like a child who glued somebody's pubes to his face to appear older.

That and he just can't provide enough of a counterpoint to his brother's Tommy, (who's way more sympathetic than he is in the book.).

In fact, it's more a vanity project for James to play pretend for a while without having to adapt the rather fucked up truth about Tommy and Greg's relationship. Instead, he took the route of ripping off Burton's Ed Wood without understanding that Tommy Wiseau is no Ed Wood.

That side-by-side at the end was amusing, but the narrative surrounding it is mostly fluff.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X