Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dune the book is really fucking good. The movie is also good, but in a so bad it's good way.

Comment

• Best part of the film is the score, a runner up is the bizarre production design.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Should I just seek out the normal version of Dune or is there a producers assembly second AD cut?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• There are more versions of it out there than Blade Runner.

The one I’ve seen is the theatrical and I don’t know if I could muster the desire to seek out an alternate version (knowing that the pace even in its stripped down telling of the story is still glacial and padded to hell with voice overs).
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Effing love DUNE. It has tons of major flaws, sure, but those flaws are really interesting.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• WHAT VERSION SHOULD I SEEK MATT?

Seeing as you dig it, show me the way wise one.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Theatrical is shorter but missing a lot of crucial scenes to make the plot work. Alan Smithee/Judas Booth version has everything in it, along with a lot of stuff that should have been deleted. It's a bit of a slog at points but it's also more cohesive and involving. Nothing fixes the final big battle sequence which never really gels.

Personally, I'd watch the long version with the caveat that it needs an edit for pacing.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Apparently there's a fan edit out there that resolves that issue, Matt?
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• HMMS, seems that the directors cut isn't streaming nor on bluray at a price I can stomach for a movie I haven't seen yet.

I did find this though https://archive.org/details/DuneTheCompleteSagaVimeo

https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Du...-2015/id/18152

Is the 3 hour version what you're talking about JAmie?

Comment

• Bought the blu-ray for $6 on Amazon. Not sure which cut it is.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• If its directed by David Lynch, it's the theatrical.
                        If it's directed by Alan Smithee and written by Judas Booth, it's the extended.

Haven't seen a fan edit but I'm sure it exists. If memory serves, after the relative failure of the theatrical version, Lynch was offered the opportunity to do an extended cut. When compiling all of the footage, he put all of it back with the intention of editing it down. De Laurentiis just took that huge cut without any edits, slapped a new intro on it, and released it. Lynch disowned it, hence the Smithee/Booth credits.

Comment

• I posted a link to the fan edit above. But looks like I'll have to grab the standard cut first.

Comment

• DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE- Zahler is starting to get some shit about being Problematic, I guess? There's some racial stuff at the beginning of this one but it doesn't permeate the movie. Hard-boiled dialogue and cold-blooded bad guys with some RIDICULOUS fx gags. I really liked it. Better than Brawl on Cell Block 99 and maybe better than Bone Tomahawk.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE- Zahler is starting to get some shit about being Problematic, I guess? There's some racial stuff at the beginning of this one but it doesn't permeate the movie. Hard-boiled dialogue and cold-blooded bad guys with some RIDICULOUS fx gags. I really liked it. Better than Brawl on Cell Block 99 and maybe better than Bone Tomahawk.
                              Reviews seem all over the place for this. Makes me want to watch it more.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Is it on a streaming service? Or just digital rental?

Comment

Working...
                                X