Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Movie Did You Just Watch?

I was watching some Star Wars Prequels on Spike this weekend, and they were in HD. The green screen work really stood out. It looked pretty awful.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I saw Omega Man about a year and a half ago...IMO that movie was/is the shit. So if Legend is anywhere near half decent it should be okay...
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

I haven't seen many HD movies, but the shit on Discovery/PBS/Sports looks sick...I gotta make a point to watch some HBO hi-def.

Comment

Omega Man > I am Legend.

Easily.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

We also watched Hitchhiker's Guide on Blu-Ray this weekend as Lesley had never seen it.

I fucking love love love the books, and the movie (while not completely faithful, which is fine when it comes to this series) fucking rocks. Sam Rockwell playing Zaphod like George W. is the greatness. It looked fucking sweet as well.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Hitchhiker is an underrated little gem if you ask me. I'd definetly pick it up on Blu ray.

Comment

Wow, I really need to check that out too...I'm so behind watching movies. I suck.

Comment

hitchhiker's guide WAS an underrated film. i don't know why a lot of people didn't enjoy it as much as i did. although, i'm actually more of a fan of the bbc version since it follows the books a little more closely.
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

About to watch Walk Hard.

My expectations aren't high on this one, so I can't be dissapointed. Plus, we drank beer all afternoon and are about to eat the best seafood dinner ever...so I have to laugh. Right?

Comment

So Walk Hard wasn't great nor horrible. I laughed, but it seemed to drag on during parts. I loved Kristin Wiig, "I'm Dewey Cox's 12 year old girlfriend!!!!!" and "Love you, love you, you're never going to make it, bye."

Jack White as Elvis was inspired and as stupid as it was, I couldn't stop laughing during the Beatles part. Jason Schwartzman's Ringo was fucking hilarious. The only one that sucked was Jack Black. The songs were actually pretty great as well. Also loved Jenna Fischer in this. But I love her in anything.

Also watched disc three of Planet Earth last night. Holy fuck, "Jungle" episode was fucking insane looking in HD. Some parts of it didn't even look real.

Comment

Well, I watched Trekkies on Friday. Wow, just wow. What the hell was up with the dude that dressed up like some random character's wife? I know I'm a geek, but these people take it to a completely different level. If I came to work with a lightsaber attached to my belt, my co-workers would kill me.

Still, it's nice to have video evidence that Star Trek fans will always be way more socially disabled than Star Wars fans. Waaaaaaay more.

Comment

HAha. You mean the dude that started out dressing as an astronaut from The Challenger and then ended up dressing as the dead astronaut's wife? That guy was awesome. He even sings songs. And yes, while people may make fun of StarWars nerds, nothing can be as bad as fucking Trekkies.

And I still love the girl who was selling armor and weapons and then started selling cards and shit. Her voice is great.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

I love how the Trekkies have a "Civil War" with the Trekkers. And that astronaut wife dude was way too creppy. Have you seen Trekkies 2? Is it any good?

Comment

Trekkies 2 is no where near as good as the first one, but they do a follow up on Gabriel that is almost worth it. The 2nd one goes abroad and Trekkies in other countries are a bit more normal for the most part. If you can get it cheap I'd pick it up as I've watched a few times. Otherwise just rent it if you can.

Comment

Ari I would defend you with the force if you brought in your lightsaber...I got your back like Obi-Wan

Comment

Working...
                                X