Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Movie Did You Just Watch?

I've slowed way down, knowing that I'll be getting Blu-ray very soon. I've got plenty of films to keep me busy for a very long time right now.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I just haven't gotten around to watching them all yet. Just not enought time in a day.
      that's basically the same reason. i never have enough time now because of cod4, dozens of csi episodes recorded on my dvr, and reading kotaku/joystiq/ign. same reason why i haven't opened bully: scholarship edition and lost odyssey for the 360, super smash bros brawl for the wii, and final fantasy crystal chronicles: ring of fates for the ds. let's not even get into the games i have opened and played for 10 minutes to an hour just because there's no time...

That was more directed at Nerdious, Ari. I'm a bit guilty of this occasionally, but I just stopped buying DVD's unless it's a must own and Lately I've only bought Blu-Ray flicks. I'm done buying normal DVD's.

Netflix + DVD burner + Lightscribe = Awesomeness
      i would do this but my computers have both died on me and i'm too lazy to go get new power supplies to test if that's the problem.

i tend to buy tons of crap that i want to play, read, or watch and end up not doing so because of time. : /
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

I don't see myself buying many DVDs either. I'm going to start my BR collection...most of the DVD's will never be updated though. It's sad how little time we actually have.
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

update: i picked up green for danger, the iron giant, sweeny tod, and the thing. oh and you guys well be somewhat proud of me for this next info, i netflix'd gone baby gone, the bourne ultimatum, and darkon. now to just find the time to watch the netflix'd movies and the movies i've purchased...
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Gone Baby Gone is the fucking greatness. Especially in Blu-Ray. Darkon was ok, but not nearly as good as King of Kong or Trekkies, IMO.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I began Dr. Zhivago last night...it's not bad it just requires a lot of attention. I will follow up when I finish. I think Gone Baby Gone will be another Blu-Ray purchase, after Batman Begins.

Comment

So we watched I Am Legend last night. If you've read the book and want to think the movie will be at all like the book you are going to hate the movie (like Rob). After I realized - early in the movie - that it wasn't like the book, I looked at it as a Will Smith movie/summer blockbuster. That made it better for me, as I dropped all expectations of it following a story line I was familiar with. Also, the alternate "controversial" ending was stupid. The original ending was much better (but not as good as it could have been since it didn't reference him being a legend like it did in the book).
                If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

I Am Legend? More like Will Smith Fights CG Vampires

This movie fucking sucked. The first 18-20 minutes were awesome, but once the CG hits the fan it's ridiculous. I even tried to drop all expectations like Lesley, but the movie just made poor fucking choices. The book (and I realize that hardly any book -to-movie translations are the same) was just so much more involving with Robert's personal demons. That's what I enjoyed the most in the book, and the movie barely touches upon this at all.

If the "creatures" were actual people with some latex or something....shit even a bit of a makeup, then it wouldn't have been as jarring, but watching this movie in 1080p made the CG stand out like a motherfucker. The whole movie was Will Smith VS. Data in a computer. There was no real weight to any of the creatures, and honestly if they hadn't of looked so lame, I maybe would have enjoyed this movie a tad more.I did like the effects for the city, but any animal in the movie was CG and stood out like a sore thumb once again. After such a promising start to the movie, it went downhill fucking fast. I just want to keep the first 20 mins in my head as the movie. Then I'd be satisfied.

I give it 2 cockpunches and no reacharound.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

So, not all films should be viewed in high def, eh? I only wanted to see this again for the different ending, too bad you guys say it sucks even more then the regular one. Since I haven't seen the Omega Man (RIP Charleton Heston, you God damned loon, you!), Last Man on Earth is still my favorite adaptation of the novel.

Last night I watched Leon, The Professional. The fuck is wrong with me to not have seen this great flick earlier? I cannot praise the movie enough, from Natalie's amazingly emotional performance to Gary Oldman's insane DEA, this movie was sheer bliss from start to end. And why doesn't Jean Reno work more (in good films, not Godzilla and The Pink Panther)? Easily Luc Besson best work period. Everyone who knows me knows of my love for Natalie, but she hit the ball so far outta the park in this film, it's still orbiting earth. Seriously, I cannot rave about this movie enough. I don't know what the cut edition looks like, but the unrated full length version is the only one that exists to me. Wow, just wow, I love this movie. It just kicked some other film outta my top 20, maybe even my top ten. Dear lord, I want to watch it again NOW! Ok, I'll calm down now. I give the movie four golden blowjobs and a virgin bang.

Comment

I can't believe you've never seen Leon before. I <3 that movie. Oldman is a god. GOD!

Comment

I was worried Leon and Matlida's relationship was going to get creepy, but I felt her love for him was clearly that of a child not having a role model or parental figure in their life. She may have wanted a sexual relationship, but I don't believe she ever actually intended to have one. When he sleeps in bed with her at the end, you can see by the way she wraps his arm around her that all she wants is a father. And it was their realtionship that really took the film to another level. That and seeing Oldman getting blown to shit at the end. So fantastic!

Comment

Leon is a great film, I'm happy I blessed you with some greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
                            So, not all films should be viewed in high def, eh? I only wanted to see this again for the different ending, too bad you guys say it sucks
                            You know, I think it's the CG as well. IT was just so fucking shitty. I "loved" how everyone's mouth would dislocate when they would growl. I mean, that's a good idea right? Fuck making them actually talk like in the book, let's have them be feral and growl all the time. Fucking butterflies. Goddammit this movie pissed me off.

Comment

I gotta check it out tonight! Sounds great...

Comment

If you've never read the book than the movie probably won't piss you off like it did to me. But the book is one of my top 20 books of all time. so.....

Comment

Working...
                                X