Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Was it ever championed though? I don't know the response across the pond, but over here the consensus is pretty much that it was a passable comedy to catch on cable with some really hilarious Diddy parts. I don't think it was a lesser version of someone else, because I can't recall any other films making such incredible use of The Biggest Loser.
    I remember it getting a lot of audience love. Critically, it (rightly) wasn't considered anything on Sarah Marshall, but it won the Hangover crowd over easily... not that they're a hard bunch to please.

And I will defend Jonah Hill... to the max.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Fucking hated Sarah Marshall. And I love Jason Segal. I was a sad.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Really? Man, that's my favorite comedy from the whole Apatow production cult. By a country mile.

Comment

• Yep, maybe I was having an off day but I was so fucking bored throughout that movie. I also really dislike Kristen Bell.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It was actually funny.

Apatow's movies are not funny.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The puppet show at the end was better than the rest of the movie.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• THAT.

Comment

• FSM was great.

STOP NOT LIKING THINGS THAT I LIKE YOU FUCKING FUCKS
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• And Knocked Up is probably my favorite. Mostly for Martin Starr.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                      FSM was great.

STOP NOT LIKING THINGS THAT I LIKE YOU FUCKING FUCKS
                      THIS. Also, Bell is fucking HOT. I would do terrible things to her body while not thinking she is a 14 year old Jake.

Comment

• Martin Starr notwithstanding, I hate everyone else in Knocked Up.

Sure, it's irrational to harbor ill-will for fictional characters.

But when have I ever been level-headed?
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Apatow movies (outside of 40 Year Old Virgin and Superbad) don't hold up that well for me.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that he's trying to stamp out a certain kind of build while trying to keep improv sensibilities.

Also, Knocked Up is quickly becoming a foul piece of shit. Another flick I could destroy Red Letter Media style.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Valhalla Rising. Interesting concept but the pacing really damn near kills this. REEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAALLLLLY slow at the start.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• 127 hours - really enjoyed this. Franco knocked it out of the park, I only wish they'd have went with a less is more approach to the amputation scene. Holy fuck was that unsettling for me. Personal experience probably weighed into that far to heavily but fuck was that rough.

Comment

• El secreto de sus ojos (The secret in their eyes).

What a fine movie! I´d hesitate to call it a masterpiece, but that maybe because I have to digest it and wanna see it again. Hidden under the twisting turning mystery story is a rather haunting movie about the way we deal with our pasts and can´t let go. Embedded in a lovely underplayed historical background of the Argentinian junta and disguised as a murder mystery this movie has a lot more to offer.

And on the technical and creative side it is going places. Some shots are simply breathtaking, like the memory-tainted shots of the train station in the very beginning or just simple close ups lingering on faces. The absolute highlight though is a tracking shot that goes from the outside of a packed stadium, flying over it while showing a whole football play into the crowds kicking of a hunt for a suspect through the stands, into the belly of the stadium, out again, back into the toilets for a fight and finally onto the pitch. This shot nearly puts the awesome tracking shot from Hannah to shame. Bobby, you´ll love it for that shot alone. Never has a football crowd been shot better.

Go watch this movie asap!

Comment

Working...
                                X