Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• If I think of it, I'll take screenshots for later. I still need to get Gabe a fuckton of shots.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
        I still think people are overthinking Tron.
        But a film is supposed to have SOME sort of internal working logic that explains how the characters work and relate to their environment. Castor defies any sort of explanation...for me, he throws off the entire film to the point that you're not paying attention to what's going on because your brain is in WHY DOES THIS CHARACTER EXIST mode.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Who's cans do you get to see?
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
            Who's cans do you get to see?

Megan Fox. For real this time.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• No need or desire to see Megan Fox's cans.

Unless she's doing an ATB, I'll pass.

Comment

• SCREEN SHOTS.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Maybe it's because I was just into the production design/music, but I honestly didn't have a problem with Castor. Then again I haven't watched the OG Tron in years so maybe I just don't know what the fuck is going on.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I was also hanging with Baltar when I rented that flick. PRETTY PICTURES OOOOHHHHH

Comment

• I look at it this way: a program's personality is based upon its function.
                      Going back to the original:
                      - RAM is an actuarial program. He's a customer service based program that helps clients plan their financial needs. His personality: eager to help, customer service oriented.
                      - TRON is a security program. He's a no frills, THIS IS MY JOB type program. His personality: focused, driven, wary of others.
                      - Dillinger is what...an assistant to the MCP? He operates as a security program. In many ways, his personality is similar to TRON's: focused, driven, but with a certain level of paranoia.

The characters and the characterizations make sense within the internal logic of the movie. Suspension of belief is required, of course, but the performances match the functions in a way that 'feels' right.

'Tron Legacy' gets some of that right. Indeed, CLU feels exactly right. He's underwritten as a character, but his characterization matches his motivations. Even Rizzler, the single most underwritten and undeveloped character in the film, is consistent enough with TRON that it's not that big of a leap. Castor, though...what's he supposed to be? In what world would have have a character like that? Why would a program 'act' like that? What level of functionality would call for THAT kind of performance?

I know, I know...it's only a movie (and a meh one at that), but still. He's totally alien to whatever else is going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                        I was also hanging with Baltar when I rented that flick. PRETTY PICTURES OOOOHHHHH
                        This explains everything
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• It explains that I can enjoy movies more than other people sometimes.

Watched 'District 9' last night. It has been awhile. Still such an awesome flick and Sharlto is still able to make me loath and love him in the same scene. Also, the CG is in this flick makes me want to go and punch George Lucas in the face.

Comment

• Agreed Rob. I want to see more movies from Blomkamp. Elysium can't come soon enough!
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                              This explains everything
                              Unlike you saying Olivia Wilde in Tron Legacy is NOT HOT. She AWESOMELY HOOOOOOOOOT.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• She looks good, but not pants shatteringly hot.

Granted, who am I to judge much less give a fuck.
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X