Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostbusters. My niece wanted to watch it. Don't know what to say about it. It's brilliant, and I know why it was my favorite film until I saw The Godfather at like 12 years old.

Comment

• I went and saw Red last night. I loved it! Tim you called it right.
      John Malkovich is terrific. And Bruce- need I say anything about my boyfriend.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
        Rooney Mara is very cute and convincing, but totally wrong for Dragon Tattoo.
        I agree 100%...I just don't see her as Lisbeth Salandar at all. I hope to be proven wrong, but after seeing Noomi Rapace absolutely OWN the role...yeah, I don't see it.

Saw two movies this weekend:

'Black Dynamite': It had its moments but I wasn't very impressed. I don't get all of the hyperbolic love for the film. MJ White is great and is obviously having a good time, though.

'The Beguiled': Holy shit what an awesome movie. Creepy and wild as hell...I GET why it isn't widely seen or acknowledged in the overall Eastwood pantheon, but I also GET why it's one of Eastwood's favorite films. Nuanced and subtle, the film conveys more in one simple line or sideways glance than most films convey in a page of dialog. It's very well acted from everyone involved, including the child actors. Highly recommended.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
          I went and saw Red last night. I loved it! Tim you called it right.
          John Malkovich is terrific. And Bruce- need I say anything about my boyfriend.
          Thanks, Cass! The Mrs. and I enjoyed it, and far more than I thought we would. Just a blast, and Helen Mirren is aces in this.

Caught a little bit of The Hanoi Hilton before work - another flick I haven't watched in many, many moons.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
            Just watched the The Crazies: Olyphant Edition.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Is it just me or was this actually pretty fucking good? My expectations were admittedly low - I just wanted some glossy, gory fun - but the mercilessness of this film was fucking sweet. And they took it about as far as you can take a film of this ilk. There were still some massive leaps of logic - eg. if the gunship is gonna blow up the car, why not fill the car wash with some gatling gun fire for good measure? - and too many "there's something creepy happening so I'll turn around slowly" type moments, but the final 10 or so minutes totally made up for it. Also, Radha Mitchell gets more and more beautiful every time I see her.

I'm just about to give Daybreakers a go. Hopefully, this will have been a satisfyingly mid-list horror afternoon by the time I get to the end.

The Crazies was great. I thought so when we saw it in the theater and again when we bought it on blu. Haters gonna hate. Glad you dug it.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Caught a little bit of The Hanoi Hilton before work - another flick I haven't watched in many, many moons.
              Saw that on as well. Didn't watch it though. I remember it being pretty brutal.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corey Feldman View Post
                The Crazies was great. I thought so when we saw it in the theater and again when we bought it on blu. Haters gonna hate. Glad you dug it.
                I even saw The Crazies and thought it was alright.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• It is, Nathan, it is. I got as far as the scene where the prisoners are being paraded down a street while foreign film crews are recording North Vietnamese yelling and jeering the prisoners. Prior to that was one of the prisoners begging a foreign correspondent to help, and the guy was more pissed that the prisoner he was interviewing was fucking up his scene.

Brutal stuff, and my hat's off to the POWs that went through that shit during the war.

Comment

• Watched Bull Durham again last night. Wow this movie does it for me. I dont know if the writing is more geared to affect women- but it hits it for a 43 year old woman.

Comment

• 'Law Abiding Citizen' finally. It was a pretty decent movie with a fairly standard ending. I didn't HATE the ending like some of you did, but it really was underwhelming. At the same time, I'm not sure HOW else you could have ended it. I was impressed with Butler in it, though.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Watched a couple of episodes of Louie.

Not bad

Comment

• Irreversible.

The narrative structure and camera work alone were impressive. The acting was absolutely incredible. The story itself was intense, horrifying, and the most brutally nihilistic I've seen in a while (maybe ever). With it all being played out in reverse, it makes for a backwards descent into hell. If it were exhibited in any other way, the story would lose its potency and just be a cautionary tale.

As it is, the film makes us examine what will be, and that by the time we fully understand how everything figuratively and literally went to shit, we also come to realize that there is no recourse for anyone. When placed back through a chronological filter, we see the tragic events set in motion, and that in the end there is no justice, only an ever-expanding realm where the wicked thrive.

Fascinating if you can make it through. If not, you're probably better off.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-26-2010, 10:38 AM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I was watching a documentary on the original Halloween on Bio (I think). Jamie Lee Curtis (smashable), John Carpenter, the two kids all grown up, PJ Soles... basically enjoying myself, getting my learn on.

Then guess who shows up to give his two cents?

In glorious HD on my 42" screen. Turned off the TV, fed the cats, went to bed.

Comment

• Yeah, your night was infinitely more fucked up.

Sorry, Tim.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh snaps,

That was the documentary that PHIL put together.

Comment

Working...
                                X