Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such a disappointment that movie is. We even went to see it in the theater. Blech.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Started watching Peter Weir's Picnic at Hanging Rock before bed last night.

Beautifully shot with an interesting score to accompany the sights.

Definitely has a "nature is malevolent" undercurrent to what so far has been a turn of the century mystery. Which is not all that shocking of a development, since Australia is covered in hateful, poisonous flora and fauna.

Also: Wolf Creek freakshow John Jarrat is in it. Had those forearm tats all the way back in the 70s...
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Double Indemnity

Classic.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Danger Diabolik.

The most 60s film of all time. Just a blast, all the way through and especially good fun if you're toasted... I imagine.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I've heard of that one but never seen it, Ben. What's so shaggadellically 60's about it, man?
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Everything.

Its basically about a cat burglar who steals high profile gems and artifacts for his Bardot-lite girlfriend, all the while outwitting the police and gangsters that are after him using imaginative gadgets and schemes and operating out of a (then) high-tech Batcave. But its the design and music that make it so quintessentially sixties - think the Italian Spiderman trailers in full-length form and played straight.

I'd like to show you the trailer, but it actually gives away the very end of the film! If you're not convinced that this is for you, go check out the clips of Ennio Morricone's swinginest soundtrack on youtube. Its incredible.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Didn't MST3K riff on this movie?
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                  Everything.

Its basically about a cat burglar who steals high profile gems and artifacts for his Bardot-lite girlfriend, all the while outwitting the police and gangsters that are after him using imaginative gadgets and schemes and operating out of a (then) high-tech Batcave. But its the design and music that make it so quintessentially sixties - think the Italian Spiderman trailers in full-length form and played straight.

I'd like to show you the trailer, but it actually gives away the very end of the film! If you're not convinced that this is for you, go check out the clips of Ennio Morricone's swinginest soundtrack on youtube. Its incredible.

I HAVE GOT TO WATCH THIS.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I was right, it was riffed on. And it was the last episode of MST3K.

Ben's completely right. This is a 60s flick through and through

Comment

• I saw that on MST3K too, Ed!

Know what fabulously 60s movie I'd love to see right now? "Valley of the Dolls." I'm still in a bad mood from the weekend, and good lord, I need a laugh. I'd love to see that fabulous slice of cheese.

"Sparkle, Neely, sparkle!"
                      Last edited by Lisa; 07-26-2010, 07:14 PM.
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• ZOMBIELAND- I really liked it but the ending was kind of terrible. Maybe it was me carrying in some expectations but I thought there was going to be a crazy park-destroying war. Instead it was kind of like "eh, the budget's running low. what can we do?"

Comment

• Sudden Impact - Really really forgettable stuff.

There's something about Eastwood's direction that's really generic and distant.

Comment

• Finished Picnic at Hanging Rock. Unsettling for the most part, but also very beautiful photography.

The end is left somewhat ambiguous, but leaves itself open to some interesting interpretations; both in the literal sense (of what led to the disappearance of the girls) as well as in the metaphoric meaning of the film (their disappearance as an escape from the repression of the era).

Kind of had the same atmosphere as Don't Look Now.
                            Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-26-2010, 09:58 PM.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Shutter Island.

Started good, but I saw the twist coming a mile away, and it was baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Watched 'The Crimson Rivers' on Instant. Jean Reno is tits as always... and I find Nadia Fares strangely arousing.

Must be her eyebrows...

Comment

Working...
                                X