Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    God, I HATE that Disney cartoon of 'Robin Hood'. It's terrible and boring as fuck.
    I WILL kill you!
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
      I WILL kill you!
      Lisa invokes her inner Feyd on me.

Sorry, but it's terrible. I've tried several times, I really have.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Gotta go with Matt on the Errol Flynn version - that puppy deserves it's status as a classic, and it's a hell of a lot of fun, too.

Comment

• Just want to throw in on the lovefest for THIRTEEN DAYS. Great movie.

Nathan, if you want to see another great Greenwood performance check out BELOW.

Comment

• Just watched Poseidon

In terms of the "confined quarters filling up with water" genre, this movie was better than Daylight. Incredibly forgettable and Richard Dreyfus looks like shit in this.

Still, it probably was better than the original which I figured to be a really long movie. Towering Inferno was anyway.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Five Easy Pieces. Classic Jack punctuated with the classic hold the chicken scene. I went on a bit of a Jack kick and added every film of his that was on instant.

Comment

• It's been Olyphant Day.

Caught The Perfect Getaway early on today. Entertaining but pretty predictable little thriller. The cast was good in spite of its flaws. Even in a fucking bucket hat, Olyphant is bulletproof. And Zahn was awesome (CAP'N GEECH AND THE SHRIMP SHACK SHOOTERS 4 LYFE).

Then I watched The Crazies remake. Pretty good show. Kinda lost some steam toward the end, but then shit got real. Could have done without the eye in the sky bits. It stole some of the momentum from the movie and didn't really serve much of a purpose other than to forecast everything about to happen to the town (which was already made redundant by the opening shot). Little bits like that kind of gave me the red ass.

But Silent Hill girl and Hitman in one movie? CRAZY.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 1941 - caught a bit of this before work today, right when the Japanese (led by Toshiro Mifune) and Christopher Lee as von Kleinschmidt are interrogating Slim Pickens. Slim breaks me up: "Jesus Palomino, a Nazi! I knew it, you're all in cahoots. Well let me tell you something, Mr. Heinie Kraut, I fought your kind in the great war, and we kicked the living shit out of you!"

Yeah, it's got it's issues (the flow seems a bit off, some jokes fall a bit flat, and it seems incoherent at moments), but parts of this flick are a pisser. Plus, tons of cameos - Penny Marshall, Joe Flaherty, Warren Oates, Robert Stack, and the hotness of Nancy Allen!

Comment

• That movie, much like Xanadu is a tribute to cocaine.

As always Belushi was great.

"Well, the radio is WRONG!"
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Most Belushi films are tributes to cocaine.

Brilliant observation there, Captain Obvious!

Comment

• Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• 'The Truth About Charlie'

What a fucking waste of time and energy. If you're gonna remake 'Charade', the least that you can do is cast it correctly.
                          - Thandie Newton is NOT Audrey Hepburn. She is, instead, a very pretty gal who doesn't have a single ounce of acting ability within her body. She's the black Andie McDowell.
                          - Mark Wahlberg is NOT Cary Grant. He's actually not terrible in this, but he's certainly not the 'charmer' that this role calls for. Clooney would have been perfect in this role.
                          - Tim Robbins is NOT Walter Matthau. Again, he's not bad, but he's just being Tim Robbins with a shitty accent.

Jittery, hand held camera shit does not necessarily add to the story or grant the viewer a sense of immediacy...in this case (especially with all of the fucking closeups) all that it does is make you feel claustrophobic and nauseous. Boring, uninspired, and thoroughly misguided...rent/buy the thoroughly charming original instead.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Matt... you need to let your feelings out every once in a while. If you keep shit bottled up, it'll make you sick.

Comment

• Pandorum.

Not very good. It's like if the retarded monsters of The Descent made it to a spaceship. Even Dennis Quaid looked bored while cashing his paycheck.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• yeah, that's on STARZ this month. I almost DVR'd it last night, Martin. Thanks for the warning.

Comment

Working...
                                X