Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
    The soundtrack's also an excellent warm-up album before playing football, by the way. It's perfectly high-energy, but isn't too aggro (more obvious stuff like metal really isn't as good a mood-setter as one might expect.)
    I would listen to classical before leaping headlong into harm's way.

It's all subjective, Bobby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      I'd want to bring The King of Jews back on and ask him if Rachel Weisz would ever take the place of Portman. If something were to happen to Portman.
      Fuck Ari, she's mine, mate.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Slap Shot is kinda boring. In English, that is.

In French-Canadian (a pure rarity at the time), it's one of the highest achievement in they-are-better-translated comedies along with all the 80's Eddie Murphy movies, like Coming to America.

Shit, Spaceballs is hilarious in French. More than it's in original version. Most of the translated movies came from France, and like Coming to America, those gags that couldn't be translated due to cultural references got sidetracked for even better gags.

Tonight, I'll watch Burn After Reading. Can't believe I forgot to see it, being a Coen Bros. fan.

Comment

• Watched Bringing out the Dead last night. I hadn't seen this movie in years and this has one of my favorite "serious" Nicolas Cage roles. Hell, it's right up there with his work in Adaptation.

There are two things I'd change. Move the making of the movie from 1999 to 1989 to really get that NYC grit AND stop crappy CGI pasting of that dead girl's face onto everyone. I would have had her just show up from time to time standing there.

Also, a really good job with Tom Sizemore as the over-zealous paramedic.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
            That's class, Ben!

I don't know too many people who have stuff with the stickers still on 'em. It's one of those endearing, genuinely quirky things people do that's usually a sign they're on the level. Like still having all the little mailing list cards and stuff you used to get in CD's from years ago, even though they're phased/obsolete now. Maybe I'm just a softie for things like that, but I get the impression I'll have way more in common with someone who keeps that sort of stuff.
            Right on. I keep all that shit. I went to watch Fearless - the Jet Li one - a few weeks back and tucked inside was the receipt and it detailed the 2 other DVDs I bought (Brick and Inside Man) that day and it took me back to a night when I met my then missus after work for a drink and she said she wanted to watch a film, so I legged it to hmv and picked all 3 up in a deal. Never would have had the memory of that night - getting smashed, digging on Fearless, getting lost halfway through Brick and giving up to have sex - if I weren't so anal about these things. It pisses me off when I lend someone a film and it comes back without a flyer or some such inside.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
              It pisses me off when I lend someone a film and it comes back without a flyer or some such inside.
              Agreed. Also, heaven forbid I lend you something and I get it back in less than perfect shape...the beatings WILL commence, and you WILL buy me another copy of the DVD/blu ray/VHS tape that you ruined.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Note to self, do not mess with Matt's Beta collection. Because how in the fuck do I replace something like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  Agreed. Also, heaven forbid I lend you something and I get it back in less than perfect shape...the beatings WILL commence, and you WILL buy me another copy of the DVD/blu ray/VHS tape that you ruined.

SAme here. I still give Ceej shit for fucking up some covers of my box sets. Now he handles that shit with kid gloves.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                    Right on.... Never would have had the memory of that night - getting smashed, digging on Fearless, getting lost halfway through Brick and giving up to have sex - if I weren't so anal about these things. It pisses me off when I lend someone a film and it comes back without a flyer or some such inside.
                    I totally get ya. Recently I was looking through some papers and my ticket stub for Hard Candy fell out. I went to see that with a girl I used to be really good friends with and it was such a time capsule to a lot of memories. Some painful, but mostly great.

It'll come as a surprise to no-one that I was quite the bagger and boarder when it came to comics, way back when (minus the Brodie Bruce level of anal-retention, however.) I'm very case-by-case when it comes to traditions, but I love the fact that my introduction to comics came with the maintenance manual; it's a great primer for how to look after other art forms. Handling etiquette and such. Maybe that stuff still gets handed down now, but I've definitely observed a shift in this part of the world away from that custom.
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      Watched Bringing out the Dead last night. I hadn't seen this movie in years and this has one of my favorite "serious" Nicolas Cage roles. Hell, it's right up there with his work in Adaptation.

There are two things I'd change. Move the making of the movie from 1999 to 1989 to really get that NYC grit AND stop crappy CGI pasting of that dead girl's face onto everyone. I would have had her just show up from time to time standing there.

Also, a really good job with Tom Sizemore as the over-zealous paramedic.
                      It takes place in the early 90's.
                      "Look, fuck you. Fuck the plane you flew in on. Fuck them shoes. Fuck them socks with the belt on it. Fuck your gay ass fairy faggot accent. Fuck them cheap ass cigars. Fuck your yuckmouth teeth. Fuck your hairpiece. Fuck your chocolate. Fuck Guy Ritchie. Fuck Prince William. Fuck the Queen. This is America. My president is black and my Lambo is blue, nigga. Now get the fuck out my hotel room, and if I see you on the street, nigga, I'm slapping the shit out of you."-- Riley Freeman

Comment

• I know it does, but unless you had the budget or real know how. You can't re-capture New York at that time. Even by the late 90s, Guilani's efforts at cleaning up the city had paid off. Even then, it looks like it could take place now. There's nothing really to nail it down time wise.

Somehow The Whackness was able to pull it off. But you can still tell things are off, usually with advertisements, cop cars and the like.
                        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 07-09-2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• 500 Days of Summer. Still enjoy it a lot. Loved watching this movie with a female and having them completely rip apart Zooey's character as a heartless shrew.

Comment

• Currently watching Bolt for the 65th time with my son. It's actually a fun one. Not Pixar-level good, but it's great.

Comment

• Not a fan of that one, minus the hamster. Something just didn't click for me.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It clicked right here. And the pigeons are hilarious. It's not a Grade-A level movie, but it's as solid as Cloudy and Surf's Up for me.

And fuck Happy Feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X