Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
    I hate that I have to watch Redline due to you, Anderson and others saying it's the best goddamn thing on the planet. If it sucks I shall hunt you down and require you to make me poutine.
    Redline is awesome, especially if you loved Speed Racer. Anderson saw it? What did he say?

And I'll make poutine if I see you.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Redline is awesome, especially if you loved Speed Racer. Anderson saw it? What did he say?

And I'll make poutine if I see you.

I said that I hate 90% of anime, but I loved it. Caught me off guard.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Nice!

I hate most of anime (a good 70-80%), but there's some gems there and there, mostly by Madhouse studio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          I said that I hate 90% of anime, but I loved it. Caught me off guard.
          Ok now I'm a bit interested.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Anyone who likes Speed Race but hates Redline are contradicting themselves.

Comment

• Not necessarily. Granted I've not seen Redline but films can be similar yet not the same quality.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Redline is 100 times better.

Comment

• Everyone take a drink.

Martin waxed hyperbolic.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Rob, I honestly think you'd find a little more to Akira if you watched it again. Even before my new appreciation for it, I never found the characters particularly unlikable. Kaneda, for one, is a likable, hormone-crazed chump who fancies himself a tough-guy. The action comes a lot thicker and faster than I remembered it as well, yet the individual set-pieces are well-paced and don't wear out their welcome.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    And honestly Bobby, Ghost in the Shell IS a masterpiece. Especially compared to Akira.

Now, Redline.....

nnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggg
                    I've not seen Ghost in the Shell in what must be a decade, at least. I'm really curious to revisit it now, though, since I remember it even worse than the rest of the board remembers Akira. It always felt aesthetically beautiful but far too lightweight and heavy-handed on the narrative/dialogue front. Worst of all, it seemed to take forever to finish and it was only about 75 minutes!

Thanks for the shout about Redline, though. I'd never heard of it before and I was going to ask for superior anime recommendations.
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I've really gotta revisit the anime genre again. It's been a LONG time since I saw Akira, so I can't comment one way or the other without a rewatch, and most of the anime I watched back in the day was for very superficial reasons (Are the mecha designs cool? Does shit blow up? Are there monsters? Does shit blow up? Sexy heroines? Shit blow up?Is the hero a loner type with a lot of hair? Does he blow up some shit?).

Oh, to be young and foolish again.

Comment

• For what it's worth, NINJA SCROLL is still a fucking blast.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          For what it's worth, NINJA SCROLL is still a fucking blast.
                          Goddamn right it is. Rock monster rapists and the poison women they love on the next Maury.

Comment

• It's fun, but it lacks the sophistication and depth of - okay, I'll stop now. Yeah, it's a total blast. Silly as they get and all the better for it. Still love the animation on the ninja clan as they leap from branch to branch.

Tim, you just outlined more or less everything that led me to anime back in high school perfectly!
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I KNOW I have the video tape for Ninja Scroll somewhere. Probably with my Guyver and Project Zeromyer tapes.

Bobby, nailed it as usual. I still dig on mecha and armor designs (really want to check out this Tiger and Bunny series I've been hearing about. Corporate sponsored superheroes in battle armor? Fighting a Dennis Rodman looking dude? YES, PLEASE!), but I'm so out of the loop at the moment.

Must break open those old Hobby Japans I have socked away, too.
                              Last edited by Timothy225; 01-18-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                For what it's worth, NINJA SCROLL is still a fucking blast.
                                A blast of melatonin. Puts me right to sleep, NS does.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X