Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    I'm gonna chalk this one up to the "Ed likes it, so I must not like it" file.
    Haha. Nah, I dig on Starman, but it's not Carpenter's best effort. But like you said, it was like he was trying to be Spielberg. It's a good movie but in the long line of awesome carpenter movies, I'd rather watch Vampires. At least it has James Woods.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'll have to watch Vampires at some point, but I've got a feeling it isn't Starman. I'll go with it not being Carpenter's best movie, but it's a damn good movie. And Carpenter was a hired gun on that movie, too!
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Vampires sucks, except for the beginning. But James Woods is having fun in it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well, if its more interesting than Shark. It'll be okay.

BTW, check out Woods in The Onion Field. Great movie all the way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Haha. Nah, I dig on Starman, but it's not Carpenter's best effort. But like you said, it was like he was trying to be Spielberg. It's a good movie but in the long line of awesome carpenter movies, I'd rather watch Vampires. At least it has James Woods.
            Holy shit Woods is awesome in that movie.

That one is a lot more entertaining than anyone lets on.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Vampires is horrible, but Woods makes it incredible.

Comment

• I'd also check out True Believer, it's not great but Woods is good as the hippie lawyer and Kurtwood Smith is the DA.

Comment

• If you want to see James Woods in action, rent 'Cop'. He's aces in it, and the ending is fantastic.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Ah yes, seeing that ending on tv was hilarious.

Comment

• "YOU'RE SO COOL, BREWSTER!"

Fright Night.

The gayest vampire movie not called Interview with a Vampire at the Blue Oyster.

The practical effects when McDowall caps that ghoul motherscratcher are amazing things to behold.

Roddy McDowall's turn as washed up b-movie actor Peter Vincent, progenitor to the Joe Bob Briggses to come, is sublime.

And Chris "Iocane powder! I bet my life on it!" Sarandon is the yuppiest yuppie to ever yup. Simultaneously hamming it up and seducing Marcy Darcy.

Holy shit. Good stuff.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I love that movie. Too bad the sequel tried too hard to be a remake of the first.

Comment

• The sequel was ok...

Any movie with Brian Thompson is getting airplay at my house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                            "YOU'RE SO COOL, BREWSTER!"

Fright Night.

The gayest vampire movie not called Interview with a Vampire at the Blue Oyster.

The practical effects when McDowall caps that ghoul motherscratcher are amazing things to behold.

Roddy McDowall's turn as washed up b-movie actor Peter Vincent, progenitor to the Joe Bob Briggses to come, is sublime.

And Chris "Iocane powder! I bet my life on it!" Sarandon is the yuppiest yuppie to ever yup. Simultaneously hamming it up and seducing Marcy Darcy.

Holy shit. Good stuff.
                            Unabashed love for this flick.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Currently watching Highlander, Lambert looks like a dead ringer to Aaron Eckhart in this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                                Currently watching Highlander, Lambert looks like a dead ringer to Aaron Eckhart in this.
                                There can be only one!

I watched "It happened one night". Clark Gable..... Ahhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                                X