Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will say this: The special edition of 'Star Trek: TMP', is a VAST improvement over the theatrical version. The pacing is much, MUCH improved.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      I will say this: The special edition of 'Star Trek: TMP', is a VAST improvement over the theatrical version. The pacing is much, MUCH improved.
      Yup. So pretty too.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Caught up on some blus yesterday:

Synecdoche, New York.
        Incredible. Made me laugh a lot, but also has an overriding sense of tragedy. All the main cast were great, but Tom Noonan and Michelle Williams were probably the standouts for me. I think it's a film I'll have to go back to in a couple of months to really engage with, there's too much imagination on display for just one sitting. The last scene was perfect, though.

Red Cliff.
        Mind blowing. Loved every second. Woo really reined in his love of melodrama, slo-mo and doves, while providing just enough of each. Some of the most beautiful and massive battles I've ever seen. How does part 2 hold up?
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Good to know Red Cliff doesn't suck.

Watched Gamer and Big Fan.

Gamer sucked, and wasted Terry Crews, Dexter and KEITH FUCKING DAVID. EVEN BUTLER WAS WASTED!

Big Fan was sad, and good. God is Patton Oswalt.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Knowing that it's a serious take on the history of the Three Kingdoms, I'm going to ignore all of that and ask if Lu Bu makes an appearance in Red Cliff?
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
              I think it's a film I'll have to go back to in a couple of months to really engage with, there's too much imagination on display for just one sitting. The last scene was perfect, though.
              Yeah, agreed. I just watched it for the first time last month and when it was all said and done we were just sitting on the couch like O________O

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Big Fan was sad, and good. God is Patton Oswalt.
              Yeah, this was pretty awesome and the ending is both hilarious and pretty depressing, and Michael Rapaport was GREAT. Also, the 50 Cent birthday cake.
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                Yeah, this was pretty awesome and the ending is both hilarious and pretty depressing, and Michael Rapaport was GREAT. Also, the 50 Cent birthday cake.
                Yeah. and Patton busting on his bro as he takes a dump. Took me a while to recognize Rapaport.

Comment

• Big Fan was very solid. I'd like to see more of that from Oswalt.

Russ: There's a Lu Su and a Liu Bei. Dunno about Lu Bu. I couldn't attest for the accuracy of it, historically (it's clear early on that Cao Cao is painted as an egotistical leader who's hubris will be his undoing) but it sure is pretty and damned exciting.

Seriously, I defy anyone to name an historical epic larger in scale than this and as successful in terms of never losing sight of the geography and machinations of the battles. The execution here is above and beyond pretty much anything I've seen from Woo.

ETA: I should add the version I watched was the 148 truncated version of the original Asian parts 1 & 2. I'd be interested to see how much the excised material would add. Cos the pacing was spot on to me. Opening (English) narration aside, it didn't feel butchered in the slightest, but I haven't seen the original releases.
                  Last edited by Ben Thomas; 05-21-2010, 10:58 AM.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Heard nothing but good about 'Red Cliff'. I'll have to track that one down.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Sharkwater...really pretty on Blu, had me and my kid choked up. APPROVED

A.I....Sorry to say it took me this long to see it, but another cool movie. Spielberg is honestly one of the greatest directors evar, if not the best to do Sci Fi. Haley Joel wasn't too irritating, ending was a bummer. Movie kinda made me sad. All in all I liked it, would love to see a BD release of this.
                      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• need to see 'A.I.' again. Saw it once in the theaters and never again...liked it but didn't love it. I know that everyone has been re-evaluating that film lately, so I guess I should give it another go.

I remember feeling that it was very mean-spirited, though. Can't quite put my finger on why without seeing it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          need to see 'A.I.' again. Saw it once in the theaters and never again...liked it but didn't love it. I know that everyone has been re-evaluating that film lately, so I guess I should give it another go.

I remember feeling that it was very mean-spirited, though. Can't quite put my finger on why without seeing it again.
                          Same here. I think I was upset because it was a live action version of Pinocchio but without all the underage drinking and smoking. Hahaha.
                          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prof. Frank VonBlumpington View Post
                            Sharkwater...really pretty on Blu, had me and my kid choked up. APPROVED
                            A great documentary that really caught me unaware. I'll watch The Cove next week for more aquatic slaughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              I thought 3 was a bit tough to get through coming off of II. I mean, there were definitely some great parts in 3, but 2 is just perfect IMO.
                              Love Khan, too. It holds up in a big, big way.

This in no way affected my opinion of the film overall, but one thing that sucked me out of The Search for Spock for a moment was the recycling of certain shots of the Enterprise in spacedock. I can accept that budgetary constraints mean cutting corners here and there (that kind of thing was rampant on Voyager and it never bothered me) but for your mainline franchise movies? That kinda irked me a bit.

If it was going for that Evil Dead II recap kinda thing by re-using the footage, it didn't work for me.
                              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                A great documentary that really caught me unaware. I'll watch The Cove next week for more aquatic slaughter.
                                Cove is good, Sharkwater is better because it gets real visceral. Plus Sharkwater has the Sea Shepherd nozzle dude in a non-nozzle role.
                                Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                                X