Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You must spread some rep around... yadda yadda!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
      1. Awesome. I think of you as the sister I never had and always wanted.
      Perfect! As the youngest of four, I always wanted a little brother, but was told in no uncertain terms by mom that I was the last of the bunch, LOL!

Originally posted by Matt View Post
      'Say Anything' is a great, GREAT movie.
      Oh, it truly is. Cusack just melts me - I've always had a huge crush on him, and "Say Anything" is one of the reasons why.

Today: "The Blind Side." Oh, I cried, y'all. I cried like a bitch. I'm sure you've all seen it, but just in case:

Spoiler: Spoilery spoilerton! 
      From the moment she tells her husband to turn the car around, I cried my eyes out. "Big Mike... why were you headed to the gymnasium?" "Because it's warm in there." Oh, I lost it - I just cried through most of the movie.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        GRAN TORINO- Holy shit, this is awesome. I think I might use this as my go-to movie to shove in the face of anyone who says "Haggis CRASH is a good movie about racism." I mean, I usually just punch the person in the face by the time they get to "good" but this will be handy for days when I'm tired.
        Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me. - Walt Kowalski

LOVE that movie.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
          GRAN TORINO- Holy shit, this is awesome. I think I might use this as my go-to movie to shove in the face of anyone who says "Haggis CRASH is a good movie about racism." I mean, I usually just punch the person in the face by the time they get to "good" but this will be handy for days when I'm tired.
          I pictured Eastwood as Batman during the entire run time.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Checked out the 2nd Bourne flick last night. Really dug it. More so than the first I think. Karl Urban needs more work.

Also watched the first episode of The Shield. Was somewhat into it but kept thinking to myself, really? This is what everyone was talking about? Then the last 4 mins hit. Definitely intrigued. Will be watching more.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• You hadn't seen the second? If you haven't seen the 3rd, then get on that shit stat! One of the most satisfying trilogies ever.

The Shield? So damn worth it. Like any show, the first couple of episodes set things up and by then the character work will have you hooked. Some really fine acting (and writing) that was largely ignored by the Emmy's.
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Whoa whoa whoa whoa,

Rob hasn't seen The Shield? Good lord man!
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Really, the first episode had nothing going for it until the end in my opinion. We have the first disc and will go through it this week.

Comment

• Hmm. Been awhile since I've watched the first season. Might have to revisit this soon.

I'm assuming you're referring to when
                      Spoiler: Spoiler 
                    Terry bites it?
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                      Hmm. Been awhile since I've watched the first season. Might have to revisit this soon.

I'm assuming you're referring to when
                        Spoiler: Spoiler 
                      Terry bites it?

Spoiler: spoilerz 
                      if Terry is the cop rat that was shot in the cheek by Vic, then yes. If not, then ASSHOLE! haha

Comment

• That's the rat!

Comment

• That would be him.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                            Great choice, Bob!
                            Ta, Tim! I hadn't seen it in years. I've been really enjoying going through some dusty teen classics lately (notably, Sixteen Candles) and finding that not only do they hold up, but I actually enjoy them even more now. It's not all nostalgia, either. In some cases, I saw those movies the first-time expecting something else entirely so going back now is the perfect rediscovery plan.*

* If you lost the "perfect", what a "post-hardcore" band name The Rediscovery Plan would make.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I still say the best band name of all time was my band in high school...

'Ten Cats Fighting'

and that's exactly what we sounded like.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                                I still say the best band name of all time was my band in high school...

'Ten Cats Fighting'

and that's exactly what we sounded like.
                                Brilliant. That reminds me of the line (I believe) from Melody Maker which described Idlewild as "a flight of stairs falling down a flight of stairs."

I'd love to hear Ten Cats Fighting. I'm thinking Faith No More, Dead Kennedys, and Black Flag jamming with some sort of Colonial Marines beat outfit. But harder.
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X