Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantasm II.

The ball is, indeed, back.

Ridiculously fun movie. Love the expansion of the Tall Man "mythos." More goons, more gore, more girls (Alchemy? So cute in a very Shannon Elizabeth way.)

I'd be amazed if Coscarelli didn't keep receiving "more explosions!" notes throughout the writing process.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I love the Phantasm series.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
        Phantasm II.

The ball is, indeed, back.

Ridiculously fun movie. Love the expansion of the Tall Man "mythos." More goons, more gore, more girls (Alchemy? So cute in a very Shannon Elizabeth way.)

I'd be amazed if Coscarelli didn't keep receiving "more explosions!" notes throughout the writing process.
        He just received "give us the most retardedly awesome gun we've ever seen" notes.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I actually saw 'Phantasm 2' in the movie theater...a nearly empty movie theater at that. So much win in this film.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hansel View Post
            I love the Phantasm series.
            I ordered the 5-Disc Box Set from Play the other day and it was sitting waiting for me yesterday morning. Jumped pretty much straight into the first and I'm loving 'em so far. Gonna spread 'em out one a day.

Phantasmapolooza '10!
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Tall Man comes to Belfast....that's all I got.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                  The Tall Man comes to Belfast....that's all I got.
                  A fatal mistake...

Ryan Gaerity makes the gangly one go...

bye-bye.

Comment

• A northern irishman by way of Texas.

Man, that movie must have gotten some laughs in your hometown.

Comment

• Not as many laughs as 'Ragtime', I'll bet...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                        A northern irishman by way of Texas.

Man, that movie must have gotten some laughs in your hometown.
                        Originally posted by V View Post
                        Not as many laughs as 'Ragtime', I'll bet...
                        To be sure, to be sure...

Not as many as Phantasm V: Belfast Boogaloo, though. I'd write the poop out of that.

I've always dug the blend of "mangled brogue" and "I'm gargling rotted fish-heads" he brought to that performance.

Comment

• Not really.

Speaking of which V, have you seen Ragtime?

Comment

• I have, sir...

Granted, Jimmy Cagney's last performance was the pinnacle of an amazing career...

but the rest of it did not blow my skirt up, fair to say.
                            Last edited by V; 03-02-2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• For the record, I've not seen Ragtime. I was quoting V to encompass the discussion to date.

Comment

• I know you haven't Bobby. That's okay.

Granted, I saw Ragtime TEN YEARS AGO!

Comment

Working...
                                X