Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My little bro had me pick up Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen.

Never watched them before. We watched Olympus and holy shit this movie was 80's level ridiculous. A bit too long for my taste (could have easily chopped out like 25 mins.) but I will def be checking out the sequel.

Picked up Last Action Hero as well and goddammit do I love this fucking movie. So goddamn much.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• LONDON HAS FALLEN is just as batshit, Rob. You'll dig it.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Bloodshot. I actually really dug this silly flick. In a more fun world we'd get a universe of these characters or at least a sequel.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          My little bro had me pick up Olympus Has Fallen and London Has Fallen.

Never watched them before. We watched Olympus and holy shit this movie was 80's level ridiculous. A bit too long for my taste (could have easily chopped out like 25 mins.) but I will def be checking out the sequel.

Picked up Last Action Hero as well and goddammit do I love this fucking movie. So goddamn much.
          There's a 3rd one Robert. It also is the tits.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I’d rather be watching Jack Slater IV.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Butt Boy

Yeah, this was a thing.

Considering the title/plot, this doesn't reach true ridiculousness until the very end, but it was worth it.
              XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• I just banged through all four of the LETHAL WEAPON films.

LW>LW2>LW4>LW3

Only the first two films are of real quality. The latter two go too broad and shrill with a lot of running and screaming. I give the edge to LW4 for the fact that there's more of a story to the actual case (the case for LW3 is virtually nonexistent) and for Jet Li.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• What we need is more Leo Getz.

Whenever Leo Getz is off screen, everybody else should be asking "Where's Leo?"

(I still try from time to time to rationalize the "Froggy" story at the end of part 4 and just end up tired and listless.)
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I can only deal with LW 1 and 2. The other 2 are a fucking slog.

we were bored and checked out Jumanji 2 or whatever. Reviews said it sucked. I actually really liked this one. For once I actually liked Kevin Hart. His Danny Glover impression is spot fucking on. The Rock as Danny DeVito however was not great.

Fun adventure flick though.

Comment

• I liked it as well. It's not as good as the prior entry but there's still a lot to enjoy. As far as action sequences go, the scene with the spinning ladders and the monkeys felt right out of a TOMB RAIDER game and was executed extremely well.

Comment

• Heaven's Gate.

I don't really see how this could have been poorly received other than some sequences going on for too long for some tastes.

Besides that, it is an enchanting and miserable showcase of the best and worst of people in a time of upheaval and change that occurs, often with a body count to match the passions of those pulled into the always messy chain of events. In its macro view it is an avalanche of injustices that will never be corrected, brought about by embittered resentment in the powerful to share a common ground with the strata beneath them in their own pursuits of life and liberty.

Given a cursory reading of Wyoming's past soon after the picture ended, it appears that there truly were no winners in the Johnson County War. While more contemporary sources on the matter reconstruct events to illustrate an even more bitter end for the fictionalized versions of the participants, Heaven's Gate is still an enthralling picture.

It has gained greater significance with time than I'd initially expected from "one of the biggest flops in history."
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Wretched. Decent little horror flick that could have easily come out in the 80s. Dug the creature and lore and the ending stuck the landing. Went in completely blind.

Comment

• TOP GUN on 4K.

I haven't seen this in at least 15 years. I forgot what a complete douchebag Maverick is in the first half of the film. I mean, yeah...Iceman is a cock, but Mav isn't much better if we're being honest. Once Goose dies, Mav does have a fundamental personality shift to make him a 'good guy', but he's still got that arrogant smile going on.

Regardless, the film holds up. The flying footage is still awesome to behold, and seeing (and hearing) it all in 4K is pretty awesome. Can't wait for the sequel.

Comment

• I'm fucking PSYCHED for my Jaws 4K disc to come in this week. Can't fucking wait to watch that in 4k glory.

Comment

• JAWS in 4k is glorious.

Comment

Working...
                                X