Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    But we are all ignoring the fact that Beyond Skyline needs to be seen by all of you as soon as possible.
    How's Frank Grillo: Male Prostitute?
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• He's goddamn amazing in this.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I am very excited to hear BEYOND SKYLINE is good stuff.

RARE EXPORTS- man, what the fuck? It certainly wasn't as scary as I was expecting (not scary at all, really) but that ending was crazy. I liked it.

THE CIRCLE- Trash. It's like they're going out of their way to show you how everything the Circle is doing is bad and that the Youth should be more concerned about how they are voluntarily giving up all of their privacy without a second thought. And then the protagonist rolls with it the whole time, even after it leads to a tragic accident (spoiler alert). So dumb.

Comment

He's goddamn amazing in this.
          Of course he is. He's Frank Grillo.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

He's goddamn amazing
            You said too much.

Comment

• Bright on Netflix.

"Do you know Elvish?"
              "I took two years of Spanish!"

Take any cultural/racial group, fill in "Orc" and there is your sociopolitical commentary. Smith tries his best to "Will Smith" through this and Edgerton is fine but at times hard to understand thanks to the Orc makeup.

It is literally End of Watch to the tune of World of Warcraft, which sounds awesome. Too bad the execution fucks it up to such a degree not since Pixels. Seemingly zero attempt at world-building. You are just dropped into this environment with no reference point and no audience-surrogate character to make things clear.

Spectacularly bad. Explains why few studios ever pulled the trigger on Max Landis' "high-concept" scripts. The sexual assault allegations against him won't help matters either, mind you.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Lucky Logans, enjoyed the fuck out of it. Won't lie though, seeing that little girl all dolled up enraged me, can't stand pageant culture.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  Bright on Netflix.

"Do you know Elvish?"
                  "I took two years of Spanish!"

Take any cultural/racial group, fill in "Orc" and there is your sociopolitical commentary. Smith tries his best to "Will Smith" through this and Edgerton is fine but at times hard to understand thanks to the Orc makeup.

It is literally End of Watch to the tune of World of Warcraft, which sounds awesome. Too bad the execution fucks it up to such a degree not since Pixels. Seemingly zero attempt at world-building. You are just dropped into this environment with no reference point and no audience-surrogate character to make things clear.

Spectacularly bad. Explains why few studios ever pulled the trigger on Max Landis' "high-concept" scripts. The sexual assault allegations against him won't help matters either, mind you.
                  Nah. Dug the shit out of this. I agree with everything you say except I feel the opposite. I dug that it was just presented as "this is all normal, it's been around for 2000 years, did you watch the Joe Rogan Experience?" Totally can't wait for the sequel.

That being said, Beyond Skyline is the movie you all should be watching.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I will check out Beyond Skyline when it hits streaming services.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• You'll dig it. Loved it.

Comment

• I know Max Landis sucks but, yeah, I also enjoyed BRIGHT. It was pretty dumb but I liked the whole thing. Remember how Rob was with Sigourney Weaver at the end of AVATAR? Yeah, I guess that's me with Noomi Rapace as the evil elf lady.

Comment

• hahaha. I mean wanting to bang an elf is still better than wanting to bang a catlady.

Comment

• Banged through the final two Harry Potter movies last night (DEATHLY HALLOWS 1 and 2).

Part 1: a total slog. There's a really, really slow patch in the middle of the film that drags the fucking thing down. There's some good character work in there but there's zero propulsion to the narrative.

Part 2: a complete success to the point that it almost redeems Part 1, however they really should have just made one movie and excised the slow portion of Part 1. Regardless, there's some great stuff in here...lots of great wizard battle shit and character shit. I knew that Snape came around (I saw spoilers) but seeing all of the redemption stuff play out was kinda great. It was a good character arc and I'm glad that I didn't know all of it prior to the movie. I also really liked the '19 Years Later' stuff.

Overall, this was a fun franchise to motor through over the course of 7 days. Glad we did it.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• There's a lot of cinematic potential in those books.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Checked out The Night Before last night. Wanted to watch an Xmas comedy flick and I never got around to this. Dug it. Michael Shannon was a welcomed surprise and Mr. Green was great. "Do you see me like a father figure?" "uhhhh no." Rogan was fucking hilarious and I wish we got more Jillian Bell, but that church scene was hilarious. "Did we do that??!"

In regards to the Potter movies, Fantastic Beasts is a better series even after one movie, so I'll just watch those going forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X